IE4 Channel 4 MOD...possible?

Jaime

Hi,

I´m interested in havin a more Hi Gain oriented sound from my ie4´s fourth channel, a modern Rectifier sound with deep distorted tones and lots of sustain and gain, u know...kind of Jerry Cantrell´s sounds e.g.

Channel 4 sounds like 3 being boosted but no "chunk" on it...
could it be possible to do a mod and have it? Any reccomendations, suggestions? I dont think an overdrive pedal gonna do the work...

Opinions from Bruce?

Thanx,
Peace

Jaime

Nobody?

I know that most people in here could look at my questions and comments like sacrilegious, thinking that this amp is "Chunkless" but I´m just trying to overdrive the sound so I can have HI gain sounds from my IE4´s 4th channel.
Could anybody reccomend me the best pedal for it?

In the other hand, Would it be possible to modify electronically the channel´s components to achieve this sounds or its architecture deny it? I´m not a techie guy so I´m just asking at least to fill my curiosity,

Thanx for your patience and knowledge

Jamie,
The Rocktron line was geared in design more toward the Vox and Rectifier tones. The pre amp the VP4 will get you your tones I believe. The IE 4 is fender Marshall and will give you jus that! Hope it helps.

Jeff

can anybody reccomend me the best overdrive pedal in their opinion for an Egnater?

Cheers,
Jaime

Jaime":9d99e said:
can anybody reccomend me the best overdrive pedal in their opinion for an Egnater?

Cheers,
Jaime

Jaime,

To try to turn a Marshall EQ curve into a Rectifier EQ curve??? Mesa V-Twin preamp pedal perhaps?

-Matt

Mmm, post gain Eq...

I´m looking for Stone Temple Pilots, jerry cantrell...This kind of sounds and a friend talked me ´bout post-eq, so I think u´re totally right, EWSEthan.

Any other suggestions? Maybe mixing amps or having an Eq pedal before the preamp after effects loop...

My son used to use a midi programmable Behringer equalizer after the preamp. The ability to create a gazzillion radically different tones was astounding. You could preset a different "post" EQ setting for each program.
FYI, you could modify the IE to come closer to what you're looking for but it may be cheaper/quicker/not as permanent if you could do it externally. The key is to EQ after the preamp distortion. If you try to use an EQ on the input, when you attempt to boost the deep low end, it may tend to get muddy and not really create the powerful bass you need. What power amp/speakers are you using?

Hi Bruce,

I´m using Mesa/Boogie Strategy 500 and Marshall 1960 A with standard G12T-75.
But I don´t feel confident about any Behringuer gear. Wouldnt it steal something to my signal? are the connections truly satisfying not to lose tone? Do you really reccomend me it? Your advice is the finest help for me.I trust your work.

My goal would be what you´ve done with the modular preamps: Having totally independent and modded sounds for each channel. But I´m totally satisfied wih the other channels.My IE4 was Fernando Lopez´s (spanish guitar player from Sevilla) IE4 and when I tried it, I felt I could forget about questing tone and thinking about amps anymore, so I bought him . But, as time passes, I began to miss some JMP´s sounds that I had, specially the "Chunk" ones, and hearing those modern Hi gain sounds from Mesa makes me become needing them. I usually work in studio and trendy sounds are hand in hand with the old vintage ones.

If that Behringuer Midi EQ is so great and doesn´t steal nothing, I´ll use it immediately.Which is the name/model of that machine?

Thanx for your response and please continue doing such a great job.

Best regards,
Jaime

Ok,

so the key is Post amp/distorsion eq before effects. I´m looking for a Eq midi controlled rackmount or whatever. The Behringer is ...behringer so I´m looking for somethin like the ol´ADA eq. New TC and AShly Protea would do but the cost is really big. I read in amptone.com about it but It seems that Eq midi controlled processors are not very popular/extended/well known.
I already have a TC Fireworx unit but I use it with a Mackie 1402 to make a stereo parallel fx loop, but I need the eq goin in the channel insert, and I´m not gonna let an eq pedal colour my sound and I need to control it via MIDI so...

Any ideas ?

Back