IF I was going to get ONE more amp, what should it be...

I have never played a Diezel but I'm drawn to them in some sick way. I'd like to try a Paul. or VH4.

I have to give credit where credit is due, you've done a hell of a job choosing amps that provide a very wide range of capabilities. You've got classic marshall, modded marshall, van halen-style, and metal/core genres all taken care of.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say your bottle rocket overlaps with a lot of the mark series stuff, not all, but a lot of it.

DeathbyButterslax":f0p5a1hr said:
Maybe something Diezel? Vh2?
+1 - Maybe a Herbert? VH4? Big Max? Nothing, nothing at all, nothing sounds like a Diezel.

+1 - Boogie Mark Series (IIC+, III, IV, V, JP2C) is always a good thing, too, at least to stay within the realms of metal.

If you want something outside, +1 for Matchless, maybe Komet, Top Hat, other miscellaneous Trainwreck circuits.

+ 1 - Or something vintage, Fender? Vox? Ampeg? Hiwatt?

I'd suggest a Wizard, but they're kind of in the Marshall family (at least the MC more so than the MTL), but definitely have their own thing.

Maybe you should venture into Fender world. Something that does medium gain to just a little breakup very well. Maybe you want a Budda. an AC30 or Matchless will be different as well. Maybe you want a clean amp that's used as a pedal platform. a Mesa Lonestar could be the ticket too.

Grab a Mark IV, send it to Mike B and have him mod the bias and mod the lead channel. Game over. :thumbsup:

Badronald":287u2pz2 said:
Blackface Fender
Dr Z
Bad Cat
Yeah maybe something totally different. Never tried any of the Dr Z stuff. Fender might be cool. I have been kind of intrigued by the Toneking Imperial...

suhrimmetal":2fntqrrj said:
- IIC+
- Naylor SuperDrive 60
- Cornford MK50
- Redplate Magica
- Morris Perplex'd

These are all great suggestions. To cover even more ground, I'd also suggest Bad Cat/Matchless or Dr. Z.

littleguitars":fs5pft45 said:
suhrimmetal":fs5pft45 said:
- IIC+
- Naylor SuperDrive 60
- Cornford MK50
- Redplate Magica
- Morris Perplex'd

These are all great suggestions. To cover even more ground, I'd also suggest Bad Cat/Matchless or Dr. Z.
My buddy Joe at Balaguer Guitars just got the Hot Cat and it sounds pretty wicked.

DeathbyButterslax":3aiixbe0 said:
phil b":3aiixbe0 said:
Grab a Mark IV, send it to Mike B and have him mod the bias and mod the lead channel. Game over. :thumbsup:

what kind of mod does Mike B do to the lead channel?

More gain than stock but also tightens up that channel quite a bit. Combine that with a hotter bias and the amp really comes alive.

Orange TH30. Get great jangle clean to classic rock rhythm on one channel and slightly dirty to huge thick and filthy on the other. I have Marshall type tones covered a few times over and the Orange is a nice counterpart to that sound. I can't quite vibe with the Rockerverbs but dig my TH30. I liked it more than the TH100. Think maybe the EL84's are the special sauce in that circuit.

Other than that a tweed or blonde/brown Fender. Most sound awesome cranked up with a hum bucker guitar and can have killer reverbs and tremolo depending on the model.

Back