If you could only have one Wizard amp which one would you choose and why ? Which tubes ?

MAGE7

I am trying to gather as much information as possible to possibly make the final jump myself.
i would love to hear what make your #1 pick the one and only and how did you spec it up.
Cheers!

Try a MTL MCII hybrid! Don’t let the MTL scare you, it can do that too but it’s so much amp. It does it all perfectly. Check out the demos on YouTube.

Have MTL MKII KT200, MCII KT150, MC50 ((retrograded to 2021 specs by Rick in 2021). Recently moved my MC25 (which for a long time (to Velcro Fly) said I'd never part with!)).

I use my MC50 more than any of the rest. There's just something to that amp my ears like that none of the others (Wizards) have. My favourite, and has been since I acquired it back in 2018.

I have had so many! they are all great, the MC2 - 2 was particularly killer but my fav so far has been a MTL that was made around 2017 I believe. Did not like the MTL2 as much.

MC II. I own MC II & MTL mk1, the MC II just has the PERFECT voicing and mids for that snarl and gritty huge sound to my ears that I just love.
I can honestly say, EVERY time and I mean every time that I plug into the MC II, I play longer than planned because the sound is just so amazing it inspires me to play longer. I can totally see the new hybrid MC being a killer amp with the saturation option too.

MC II. I own MC II & MTL mk1, the MC II just has the PERFECT voicing and mids for that snarl and gritty huge sound to my ears that I just love.
I can honestly say, EVERY time and I mean every time that I plug into the MC II, I play longer than planned because the sound is just so amazing it inspires me to play longer. I can totally see the new hybrid MC being a killer amp with the saturation option too.
I was concerned the MTL could not be dialed back to get the classic hard rock and classic metal from the 80's I like. Ratt VH to STP back Zep is what my band covers. Thanks for any feedback!

I like MTL2 because it has a huge fuckinh low end that hits the chest . I love that
My MTL MKII KT200 through my 1960A loaded w/EVM12L fits that description and more.

Definitely the definition of overkill.

It will rearrange the mitochondrial DNA and accelerate the state of my dementia under prolonged exposure.

My MTL MKII KT200 through my 1960A loaded w/EVM12L fits that description and more.

Definitely the definition of overkill.

It will rearrange the mitochondrial DNA and accelerate the state of my dementia under prolonged exposure.
Ya it’s unreal I’m sure ! So much fun . What’s really great is to show it to someone who’s never felt a Wizard in person . There’s no other punch like that . Their faces are priceless

Back