I'm about to place an order for a Custom Suhr but need help

Econ

Hi guys:

I'm relatively new to the board and very happy to be a member of this community. After some time saving for fund this dream, I'm ready to place an order for a Custom Suhr Modern. I'm still not set on some of the specs for the guitar, such as hardware color, fingerboard and body color and top (flame maple cap or none). I've always been a fan of black hardware and maple fingerboard, so I would like your suggestions on a body color that would go great with a flame maple top, black hardware and a maple fingerboard. It would be great if the body color is one that will make the maple top stand out in the guitar (reds, blues, greens for example).

Would it be better to just get chrome hardware for a guitar with a flame maple top? For me gold is out of the question.

Anyway, you feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Just be aware it's currently a fairly long wait for a custom guitar for Suhr. I was going to order one, but then I found one that had almost everything I was looking for, even had a better version of the body color.

If you are set on waiting and getting one to your exact specs, you could always just look and see if there's one on a website that you really like the look of and copy / modify that guitars specs.

But if you're getting a maple neck, get a roasted maple neck. They feel very good when playing, and a cherry stain back, if cherry matches the rest of the body color that is.

Black hardware versus chrome hardware really depends on the color of the body to me. If its a blue-ish shade color black looks nice, but if its a wood or redish color I like chrome or gold, but thats just personal preference.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm in no hurry, so if I get the guitar within a 6 to 12 month timeframe, then that's ok with me.

I'd look at the Suhr color chart for some ideas. I was just going to mention that getting a "roasted" maple neck is a pretty popular option nowadays. Also, Suhr has just recently began doing roasted bodies as well, as an option.

I have spent quite some time looking at the Suhr color chart. There are so many choices that it seems that every time I look at the chart I just get more confused as to what color and type of top I should select.

Back