I'm keeping the Blackmore !

>|<>QBB<
troublehead":060e8 said:
>|<>QBB<

I would say the Fireball is still closer to the Powerball. Kind of like this;

Powerball...........Fireball..................................Blackmore

I agree, the Fireball is a rawer/grindier Powerball. But, the Blackmore has absolutely "zero" buzz.

I would say Fireball for extreme metal/death

Blackmore for stuff like Iced Earth, Hammerfall, etc....(i.e. more Marshally tones) and classic old school metal.

Does the RB take to boosts or do you just use the stock distortion?

>|<>QBB<
shred-o-holic":6d1e8 said:
So for Soilwork, Fear Factory an FB over the Blackie? I wish there was a way I could play these two amps again...

I would say Fireball, but some may disagree. Definately the Fireball for FF. The Blackmore doesn't have a strong low end. I use an EQ to boost the lows a bit. I prefer the Blackmore because I play alot of southern-tinged doom/stoner stuff (DOWN, Trouble, COC, etc.). That doesn't work on the Fireball without coming out more "brutal/modern" sounding than I would like.

>|<>QBB<
shred-o-holic":4459c said:
>|<>QBB<

I use a ZW-44 set up gain zero/level full and I really like it (works just like it does on most high gainers as far as "feel"). I just don't like the additional loss of low end. It also works well with the SD-1. Blackmore didn't like the Bad Monkey for some reason (?)

Whilst on not a fan of the focused mode. To say the Powerball in open mode sounds poor with Mids dialed in is retarded. As is saying the Blackmore has more gain. However, i'd never get anywhere near max on both amps.

I finally got round to trying a blackmore recently, and was very impressed- it's shot straight to the top of my "recommendations for the cheaper engls".

I'm still glad I got my savage se for a kickass price, though, lol (like, not very much more than a blackmore, something similar to a powerball).

>|<>QBB<
Megadeth7684":0b5f3 said:
>|<>QBB<

Soilwork = Blackmore

FF = Powerball

no idea about soilwork (meaning I've just about heard of them, lol), but +1 on the powerball for FF. the fireball has a bit more sag that's a little reminiscent of the savage se, compared to how I remember the powerball sounding.

>|<>QBB<
troublehead":e7f73 said:
>|<>QBB<

I would say Fireball, but some may disagree. Definately the Fireball for FF. The Blackmore doesn't have a strong low end. I use an EQ to boost the lows a bit. I prefer the Blackmore because I play alot of southern-tinged doom/stoner stuff (DOWN, Trouble, COC, etc.). That doesn't work on the Fireball without coming out more "brutal/modern" sounding than I would like.

I have more low end than I could possibly want with my Blackmore. I run the bass at about 1-2 o'clock depending on the room. It is also tight as all hell. You can definitely get a FF tone out of it. I'm not saying it is better than a FB or PB for that kind of tone, but you can definitely achieve the FF sound with a BLackmore IMO. :)

>|<>QBB<
shred-o-holic":eebbb said:
>|<>QBB<

The Blackmore has more gain than I would ever need. I never run the gain past 2 o'clock and mostly run it at 1 o'clock. Ch 3 and 4 take very well to boosts if that is your thing. I like it better without. :)

>|<>QBB<
dave_mc":35f17 said:
>|<>QBB<

no idea about soilwork (meaning I've just about heard of them, lol), but +1 on the powerball for FF. the fireball has a bit more sag that's a little reminiscent of the savage se, compared to how I remember the powerball sounding.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=11970182

Listen to "Like The Average Stalker"

They use 5150's and Savage 120's to record most of their stuff, but the Blackmore sounds far better than the Savage to me.

i don't get this blackmore has no low end biz...

i run mine with bass at 12 oclock through an engl cab [no casters!] and it's the most thumping i can get before i start to loose cut and clarity

in C# might i add, doesn't sound like i could add more bass without having too much

>|<>QBB<
saxxamafone":ee98a said:
i don't get this blackmore has no low end biz...

i run mine with bass at 12 oclock through an engl cab [no casters!] and it's the most thumping i can get before i start to loose cut and clarity

in C# might i add, doesn't sound like i could add more bass without having too much

+100....I am in C most of the time and my bass at about 1 o'clock with SED 6L6's is tight as a nun. :eek:

Back