Important question...for me

viking22

Would like to know if the Rebel is based on the SL2 :confused: ?If that is true,would it be possible to do the GnR's mod :D ?What do you think?

My guess would be no. The Rebel doesn't sound very much like SL2 to my ears. It's a lot raw'r if that makes any sense.

Jeff Hilligan":3hgiprw2 said:
no it is not. It is it's own design.
Thanks!Too bad,i'll have to wait for the E2 preamp..But i must say i like the Rebel as is anyway :)
The Rebel doesn't sound very much like SL2 to my ears. It's a lot raw'r if that makes any sense.
Thanks!Could you tell me more?The Rebel is my first Egnater but i think it won't be my last :LOL: :LOL:

I personally like the distorted sound of the Rebel much more than SL2. SL2 was just too smooth sounding too me. It didn't have enough bite to it. The Rebel on the other hand has tons of bite. It's a very meaty raw distorted tone. With tube blend knob, you really do have a ton of options. It cleans up rather well too. The other guitar player in our band (Gino on the forum) has a Rebel and it slays live. He was getting compliment after compliment on his tone at a gig on Saturday. The Rebel is no joke.

I couldn't agree more about the Rebel :thumbsup: !I love it!It's a big surprise for me.My M&B is so difficult to dial in,esp.the lead channels can sound really hard & harsh..Not so with the Rebel,no non-sense here,the controls are only there to help...and the diversity of tones is quite amazing!Also,it's the perfect tool if you want to hear the true tone of your guitars :yes: But,most of all,it's great fun :rock:

Back