In the Newspaper today: COVID Vaccines saved thousands of lives in Australia

Yeah, I knew that's how you saw it brother.

I do too, which is why I said that to my mind there's a difference between the sort of forgiveness we can offer and that of God.

God offers absolution, whereas we can't even truly forget serious sins against us, hard as we might try. The emotional scars and / or strongholds remain in our bodies and psyches. There're serious limits for us in this area, much as we're able to act as if we don't care at all and even convince ourselves that we don't.

Besides this, the elephant in the room for me is that we cannot save someone via his or her repentance. Different league IMHO.

The fact that the same word is used isn't in and of itself proof that they're the same. We create and God creates, but said acts are in different leagues. Same deal with a myriad of other things.

Yeah, I knew that's how you saw it brother.

I do too, which is why I said that to my mind there's a difference between the sort of forgiveness we can offer and that of God.

God offers absolution, whereas we can't even truly forget serious sins against us, hard as we might try. The emotional scars and / or strongholds remain in our bodies and psyches. There're serious limits for us in this area, much as we're able to act as if we don't care at all and even convince ourselves that we don't.

Besides this, the elephant in the room for me is that we cannot save someone via his or her repentance. Different league IMHO.

The fact that the same word is used isn't in and of itself proof that they're the same. We create and God creates, but said acts are in different leagues. Same deal with a myriad of other things.
I find it a difficult topic - the reason I'm interested is I want to understand it in order to do the right thing of course.

Well, all you can do is forgive... in your heart.

This won't prevent your being haunted or traumatised by past events, but at the very least it'll minimise such things and it's a powerful tool against becoming bitter, which leads to heart disease amongst other things (constricts blood vessels).

As a bonus you'll be seen as an understanding fella and'll feel better about yourself. :dunno:

Kill 'em with kindness. Assholes hate that. :LOL:

Back