Intelliverb Volume Drop Problem

What's up guys? Long time lurker here. Putting together my first rack after scoring a modded Bogner Fish. Trying to do it on the cheap since the Fish ate up most of my funds. I picked up a used Intelliverb and while it sounds pretty cool, there is something wrong with it. It works fine for about 10-15 minutes and then after that there is a sudden intermittent volume drop. I'm talking like 10 db's or so, enough to make it unusable. After the volume drops, it will randomly go up and down all by itself. If I turn it off and let it "cool down" for a awhile it will work fine for a few minutes and then drop out again. I tested it between the Fish and Mesa 2:90 as well as in the effects loops of a few different amps to eliminate the possibility of bad tubes somewhere in the chain. also swapped about a dozen cables thinking that maybe one of them had a small short. Any ideas? I've tried to contact a few electronics repair places but no one wants to even look at it. Got a great deal so I don't mind dropping some $ into repairs. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20200108_191113_25.jpg
    20200108_191113_25.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 169
Detroit1973":1hobdd10 said:
What Pickup is in the Les paul? Nice Rack by the way. :rock: :rock: :rock:

Motor City Afwayu. Bet you'd never guess that I'm a big Cantrell fan haha.

Think I solved the volume drop issue too. Opened up the chassis last night and noticed some possible bad solder joints on the transistors. Reflowed some solder, fired it up, seems to work fine now! :rock:

loganflynn294":2qds92jb said:
Detroit1973":2qds92jb said:
What Pickup is in the Les paul? Nice Rack by the way. :rock: :rock: :rock:

Motor City Afwayu. Bet you'd never guess that I'm a big Cantrell fan haha.

Think I solved the volume drop issue too. Opened up the chassis last night and noticed some possible bad solder joints on the transistors. Reflowed some solder, fired it up, seems to work fine now! :rock:
:rock: :rock: :rock: I think it's great that you're a Cantrell Fan. Have you ever compared the Afwayu & The SD JB? I'm curious about using one of them for a Les Paul that i have.

loganflynn294":au20at8t said:
Bet you'd never guess that I'm a big Cantrell fan haha.

I almost said something about that yesterday between the rack contents, the guitar and the Bogner cab. :rock:

And I've said it before - Octopus is worth the price of the Intelliverb alone! That's almost all I've used on mine.

Back