Intonation problem on Gotoh Floyd .

ccn

Banned
The saddles need to move back a smidge more for my intonation to be perfect and they are already maxed out and won't go back any more . What to do ?

Any advice would be appreciated .

You probably have nut issues that puts the leading edge too far towards the tuners which means you then need to increase the length at the other end to compensate. Tune up the strings and then try lightly fretting notes on the first few frets, just behind the fret. If they are way sharp then you likely have nut issues that need to be resolved. Its not uncommon with Floyds.

Reactions: ccn
I've seen this on guitars where I had no alternative except to remove the entire bridge, dowel the bridge post holes, re-drill the holes slightly farther back away from the nut (lengthen the speaking-length of the strings), and re-install the threaded inserts for the bridge posts.

I've seen this on guitars where I had no alternative except to remove the entire bridge, dowel the bridge post holes, re-drill the holes slightly farther back away from the nut (lengthen the speaking-length of the strings), and re-install the threaded inserts for the bridge posts.
Thats the only solution. A royal pain in the ass. Better to just sell the guitar and disclose it unless it's your keeper.

There is a second further back hole on this bridge but the screw is in the first hole . What is the secondary hole for ?

On another note how should the saddles be positioned before intonating the guitar , should they be in the middle of their travel , all the way forward ?

Thank you

I had to do this on a body I made and to my 1985 Kramer American Series proto type .
image000003(2).jpg
image000002(3).jpg

The Floyd Rose was too far off to the left, so I had to use a dowel mixed with a wood puddy and bondo..... and it worked .

Last edited:
Back