ISP decimator

you decide ;)

I've noticed absolutely no tone suckage, keep the threshold knob around -40. Done blind tests, couldn't even tell if it was on or off. The only thing it may eliminate is some sustain, but that's if you keep it REALLY high. Works great, best on the market IMO.

I find that sometimes depending on what you run it with, that it can add hiss. I find that annoying, but it is the best noise reduction unit I have used.

It works well for what it is. Its a godsend for practice especially since most people don't practice on a huge stage. The only thing I feel like any supressor does is limit feel and sustain, but what can you expect.

Very happy with the pedal. No tone loss to speak of. Only isssue
I have is dynamics i.e. when pulling back on the vol it gets
querkey right around the cutoff edge you dialed in.

I adjust it and use it with my distortion. In that situation it
works Great!

moonstone":1nuvwpst said:
Very happy with the pedal. No tone loss to speak of. Only isssue
I have is dynamics i.e. when pulling back on the vol it gets
querkey right around the cutoff edge you dialed in.

I adjust it and use it with my distortion. In that situation it
works Great!

I set the decimator with my volume rolled down to the level Ill roll off to. no quirky operation that way. I do have to mute the strings with my hands a little more when not playing but a worthy compromise.

The other option is getting the g string version which eliminates this problem by placing the unit in the effects loop but tracking the original guitar signal rather than the fx loop send.

to the OP; best noise reduction available today hands down. its a no brainer just pick the model that suits your application best.

I just got mine a week or two ago and it's one of those things where I can't believe I lived without it for this long. NO tone suck (and I'm super anal about that stuff). I keep it in the loop and it makes my guitar dead quiet while not playing, even with the guitar volume all the way up.

I bought one a few weeks ago, I think it Sucks or maybe I just had high expectations with it..
I barely even have it to 1/4, It favors squashing harmonics, pinch harmonics and sustain over tracking and killing feedback..
Also Some slight tone suck..

I am not using it powered by batteries I am using their power supply, It is not the cords either I am only using a 8 ft cord to the ISP on top of my amp with a 1 ft cord going to the amp, All G.L.w/ Neutrik plugs...

I am getting rid of mine as soon as I can get my hands on another Rocktron 300G..

OldSkoolNJ":3ghvlsxw said:
I bought one a few weeks ago, I think it Sucks or maybe I just had high expectations with it..
I barely even have it to 1/4, It favors squashing harmonics, pinch harmonics and sustain over tracking and killing feedback..

I am not using it powered by batteries I am using their power supply, It is not the cords either I am only using a 8 ft cord to the ISP on top of my amp with a 1 ft cord going to the amp, All G.L.w/ Neutrik plugs...

I am getting rid of mine as soon as I can get my hands on another Rocktron 300G..

Wow strange??? mine has none of these issues. my decimators operation is completely transparent when set correctly. ( though mine was literally one of the very first to leave the factory, not sure if there are different versions by now) It does have a slight effect on tone but negligible at best, far less than the mxr smart gate or Ns-2. its the best noise suppressor I have ever heard. maybe a lemon?

ISP noise gates are great. had the regular decimator, the rack unit and the G-string. Currently have the ISP g-string to use with my Splawn nitro and it works great with both OD and Clean channels.

moltenmetalburn":1zv25jro said:
OldSkoolNJ":1zv25jro said:

Wow strange??? mine has none of these issues. my decimators operation is completely transparent when set correctly. ( though mine was literally one of the very first to leave the factory, not sure if there are different versions by now) It does have a slight effect on tone but negligible at best, far less than the mxr smart gate or Ns-2. its the best noise suppressor I have ever heard. maybe a lemon?

Lemon? Possibly, it is made in China :LOL: :LOL: joking aside..

I am only using it a hair past -60db that is not even 25% engaged..
The noise tracking is very inconsistent or sometimes even slow with feedback but it will kill harmonics & sustain faster with the one I have, but I do have it set very minimal which I would think would make the processing or tracking slower..
If I go past 25% harmonics and sustain is squashed big time definitely not usable for me..
I can get a nice tight gate for rhythm use with a lot of stops but it is not anything I would leave on 100% of time during playing...
Tone suck is very minimal with a little bit of distortion eaten also...

I bought it from 8thSteet music down here in South Jersey on 4/27, They have offered to exchange it for a replacement or a refund.. :thumbsup:

OldSkoolNJ":vh6bh41m said:
moltenmetalburn":vh6bh41m said:
OldSkoolNJ":vh6bh41m said:

Lemon? Possibly, it is made in China :LOL: :LOL: joking aside..

I am only using it a hair past -60db that is not even 25% engaged..
The noise tracking is very inconsistent or sometimes even slow with feedback but it will kill harmonics & sustain faster with the one I have, but I do have it set very minimal which I would think would make the processing or tracking slower..
If I go past 25% harmonics and sustain is squashed big time definitely not usable for me..
I can get a nice tight gate for rhythm use with a lot of stops but it is not anything I would leave on 100% of time during playing...
Tone suck is very minimal with a little bit of distortion eaten also...

I bought it from 8thSteet music down here in South Jersey on 4/27, They have offered to exchange it for a replacement or a refund.. :thumbsup:

man thats a shame, ive had nothing but a great experience with mine. :aww:

I have never had a problem from the ISP Decimator. It's the best noise reduction pedal on the market, and the rack version is even more amazing. There is no tone reduction when set properly, at least for me. I'm a heavy metal guitarist, so I'm always on high-gain amplifiers, and able to get feedback, pinch harmonics, and sustain whenever needed. Purchase and use the pedal yourself, because it's easy to resale or return if for some reason it doesn't do the trick.

Back