Jet City Retrovalves

mrkmas":zkfh9yxl said:
http://www.jetcityamplification.com/retrovalves/

Has anything like this eve been attempted in the past?

yeah, there was a guy years ago i remember who looked goofy and had an awful mullet that had some kind of "tube replacement" thing that looked like this. i think they were like 50 bucks each or something and were supposed to last forever with the tone remaining consistent. he was laughed out of town

hmmm, interesting concept. Not sure if I "buy" it tho. would be curious to see if somebody bought one of those and hacked it open to see whats going on inside.

baron55":sg9l9khf said:
These are Solid State FET devices, so basically you are turning your Tube amp into a solid state amp. Actually make no sense eat all. The reason people buy tube amps is for the, yep you guessed it, tube sound. These types of things have been around a very long tome but never caught on.

Supposedly these are more reliable, and all that. And they are supposed to come out with power tubes as well...... :confused:

So if I want the reliability of a solid state system. Buy a solid state amp! :D

BTW I am not arguing the merit of tube vs solid state. But simply why have a tube amp and put solid state preamp and power tubes in it. That makes no sense. Why not go out and get a Axe FX , Kemper, line 6 etc.

BTW many companies make solid state amps with he same circuitry that is in these so call SS tubes. (there is a conflicting statement, solid state tubes) :LOL: :LOL:

However, if I put two of these tubes into one of my MTS modules, Theoretically, I could have a SS module.

baron55":1xdwuuno said:
These are Solid State FET devices, so basically you are turning your Tube amp into a solid state amp. Actually make no sense eat all. The reason people buy tube amps is for the, yep you guessed it, tube sound. These types of things have been around a very long tome but never caught on.

Supposedly these are more reliable, and all that. And they are supposed to come out with power tubes as well...... :confused:

So if I want the reliability of a solid state system. Buy a solid state amp! :D

BTW I am not arguing the merit of tube vs solid state. But simply why have a tube amp and put solid state preamp and power tubes in it. That makes no sense. Why not go out and get a Axe FX , Kemper, line 6 etc.

BTW many companies make solid state amps with he same circuitry that is in these so call SS tubes. (there is a conflicting statement, solid state tubes) :LOL: :LOL:

AHA! that is what I was thinking. All of the specs/sell points were exact opposites of how a tube is ( no ware, cant be microphonic) , and I was getting the feeling it was just a solid state substitute. My thoughts were correct. Completely agree with you though. I spend the money on a tube amp for tube sound.

Back