John Suhr & Company

Can you say class act?? This guitar/amp/pedal builder and designer floored me at NAMM this weekend!! John, Steve, Ed and the crew are top notch professionals, and more than that they are real people with humble/friendly personalities, which in this business can be a very rare thing. When John said something, I knew it to be true. He is more accessible then any builder of his level should be and makes time for people even though he probably doesn't have it to spare. Not sure how he does it all.

I am saying all of this because of the years and knowledge I have in this industry, I have not found many owners/companies that have the TOTAL package in product and customer service. The Suhr family has soul and it transfers into their gear. These guys are not stopping to rest on what they have done, but will continue to move forward pushing the envelope. If you have been on the fence about buying a Suhr guitar or amp, have no fear in knowing that you will be getting the best from the best.

steve39stripes":2tm4r85j said:
Can you say class act?? This guitar/amp/pedal builder and designer floored me at NAMM this weekend!! John and his crew are top notch professionals, and more than that they are real people with humble/friendly personalities, which in this business can be a very rare thing. When John said something, I knew it to be true. He is more accessible then any builder of his level should be and makes time for people even though he probably doesn't have it to spare. Not sure how he does it all.

I am saying all of this because of the years and knowledge I have in this industry, I have not found many owners/companies that have the TOTAL package in product and customer service. The Suhr family has soul and it transfers into their gear. These guys are not stopping to rest on what they have done, but will continue to move forward pushing the envelope. If you have been on the fence about buying a Suhr guitar or amp, have no fear in knowing that you will be getting the best from the best.

I have an older friend who came over the other day and asked to play my Suhr. he knows am more into metal and was expecting that, but when he started to play the modern, the look on his face was telling me he understood. The guitar makes sense, he said. even better, the rest of my gear makes sense now to, at least for the time being :yes:

Steve,
I couldn't agree more. I see a passion in what Suhr does that I don't see in many other places.
While I have had only the most limited of interaction with Suhr, that interaction was so overwhelmingly
positive that it remains the Best experience I have Ever had with ANY musical instrument company.
So much so that I have finally decided to switch to using Suhr guitars after a long time using a very
specific other guitar. Guitars, for me, are like an extension of who I am. I am sure you all know what I mean.
The guitars I have been using are great as is the company that makes them.. however, they aren't me.
I find Suhr to be a better fit for who I am, what I want and where I am going.

I have been reading everything I can and looking at all the NAMM coverage I can find (ok... yes I have been cyber-stalking Suhr Guitars ha ha ha!!! :D ) and everything I have seen simply amazes me. Instrument after instrument of incredible beauty, construction and attention to detail paired with unparalleled customer satisfaction. I have read on multiple occasions where John Suhr has spoken of the importance to him of each customer receiving exactly what they want. I can't ask for more than that kind of dedication from a builder to help me achieve my musical goals and , lets face it, have a completely kick-ass guitar that can almost make even Me cool.... :D

I just ordered my first Suhr... (No Pressure guys.. ha ha ha) now the wait begins. :)

DC

dcareaga":1jew5njs said:
I just ordered my first Suhr... (No Pressure guys.. ha ha ha) now the wait begins. :) DC

which one did you decide to go with and what specs?

Jimmie

Jimmie":36ebfl00 said:
dcareaga":36ebfl00 said:
I just ordered my first Suhr... (No Pressure guys.. ha ha ha) now the wait begins. :) DC

which one did you decide to go with and what specs?

Jimmie

I ordered a Modern Carve Top
Quilted maple top, mahogany body and neck w/medium SS frets and a bit different fretboard inlay and markers.
SSV and SSH+ pick-ups w/ the Andy Wood "deep fried" mod and a Floyd Rose.

DC

I couldnt agree more with this!!! It was totally more like hanging out with a bunch of my bros that know and love gear, as opposed to stuffy, "dollar first" companies that im used to.

I was floored by how cool and hospitable every single person involved with Suhr, not only with NAMM but my days hangin at the factory were a blast, I totally feel like part of the family now :thumbsup:

Picked out all the woods for my next custom in person this time which was wicked cool!

ihave27frets":3kaxo2zb said:
I couldnt agree more with this!!! It was totally more like hanging out with a bunch of my bros that know and love gear, as opposed to stuffy, "dollar first" companies that im used to.

I was floored by how cool and hospitable every single person involved with Suhr, not only with NAMM but my days hangin at the factory were a blast, I totally feel like part of the family now :thumbsup:

Picked out all the woods for my next custom in person this time which was wicked cool!

Someday I hope to be cool enough to hang at the factory or visit the booth at NAMM!!
I can't wait to see your next guitar... The ones you have so far are works of art!!

DC

dcareaga":37qrn8eq said:
I ordered a Modern Carve Top Quilted maple top, mahogany body and neck w/medium SS frets and a bit different fretboard inlay and markers. SSV and SSH+ pick-ups w/ the Andy Wood "deep fried" mod and a Floyd Rose. DC

and the days grind by, seemingly taking forever. :doh: Sounds like a guitar worth owning. Nice!

Jimmie

I also could not agree more Steve! I have been a Suhr player now for almost 10 years and John has done some custom stuff for me as well. John, Ed, Shon, Mike and the whole crew excell at customer service and of course a top notch product. I just can't say anything negative about any aspect of their products or service.

krueger":10ny532o said:
I also could not agree more Steve! I have been a Suhr player now for almost 10 years and John has done some custom stuff for me as well. John, Ed, Shon, Mike and the whole crew excell at customer service and of course a top notch product. I just can't say anything negative about any aspect of their products or service.

Tim, I believe you are the one that turned me on to his guitars, even though I had been using his 3+SE preamp for years.

Thanks again to John, Steve, and Ed at Suhr and to Pete Thorn. My Suhr PT100 sounds so good that I ended up delaying the release of our new CD to recut guitar tracks this week! Fills the track so massive that a stereo pair take the place of three pairs. Used all three channels the past two days and they were stellar. The Suhr 4x12 cabs are amazing as well for live or studio. Here are pics from Morrisound in Tampa last night. Jim Morris was so impressed with the amp that he wants one for his studio.

IMG_7041.jpg

IMG_7042.jpg

IMG_7040.jpg

IMG_7039.jpg

IMG_7038.jpg

Back