Jose modded Steve Vai Marshall

ledvedder

Does anyone have any information on the mods in this amp? I'm about to start a 50w Plexi build, and I'd love to incorporate these into it. Schematic? Layout?

Have you done any BE100 style mods? I'm currently doing that to my 2204 and it's pretty wicked.

I'd look at the BE100 schematic and there's also some form of a Jose schematic floating around too to get a good baseline.

The JEL mod sounds really good, keeps the classic marshall sound with that Friedman touch to the power section.. you would have to convert it to a 2203 master volume. I'm not sure how many parts are required for the BE mod, the JEL mod only requires about 8 parts! easy to do

Like others have said finding info regarding those amps are nearly impossible as I've looked pretty hard. The schematic and video posted in the thread are a great starting point. That being said you would probably be better off taking the basic concepts like a ppimv, diodes, ect and tweaking them to taste. I wasn't really a fan of the mods I directly copied from the well known schematic, they all needed to be tweaked.

The schematic is out there. No hidden secrets. There are YouTube videos explaining everything and build reports detailing everything as well.

Back