Just got done playing my SV20 dimed...

jski59

...and have to admit, it was too loud. Yet another reminder, that I am too old.

Even with an attenuator knocking down the dbs a bit, it was still too freaking loud. Full bore, my freebie iPhone app was showing 112db.

It feels glorious at full tilt though, so touch sensitive.

Mulling over a power station now, but I have a feeling the volume is what makes the magic for me. Having the notes effortlessly bloom into feedback...so addictive.

Classic rock and drummer isn't super loud...but I'm not using this with the band anyway, lol.

I've just been wanting a plexi for home, hoping to crank it up when I've got the house to myself.

I knew the SV would still be loud, just hoped the 20 watts would be a little bit more tame than the past big boys I've owned. And it is...but still loud as fuck :)

Might just go back to 100 watter, power station and some earplugs for when the neighbors are gone.

My recommendation would be to get a reactive load and either some IR's and a good set of monitors, or a good solid state amp to go with your current cab(s).

IMO reactive load technology is one of the best things to happen to tube amps since the speaker cab. I think they are pretty much invaluable / indispensable for literally any scenario where you're not playing at a stadium gig or recording in a studio with a soundproof iso room.

Classic rock and drummer isn't super loud...but I'm not using this with the band anyway, lol.

I've just been wanting a plexi for home, hoping to crank it up when I've got the house to myself.

I knew the SV would still be loud, just hoped the 20 watts would be a little bit more tame than the past big boys I've owned. And it is...but still loud as fuck :)

Might just go back to 100 watter, power station and some earplugs for when the neighbors are gone.
Yeah that amp will need another investment before it is home friendly. I wouldn’t call it ‘too loud’ tho—my SC20 can just keep up with our drummer and these amps aren’t marketed as living room amps.

Its expensive but I love the Waza Tube Amp Expander

Back