JUST42DAVE SCREWED ME OVER

pstar":1bbhpp95 said:
mooncobra":1bbhpp95 said:
damn, that is really messed up, another dude who got bad tubes from him. :gethim:

notified of 2 others that have also been taken

Ordered some "rare German RFTs with plenty of life on them" a while back. 3 were on their way out and one was microphonic - totally unusable. Notified him and he said he'd send another. Never came around.

Sorry, Dave. But all a man has is his word.

xXDaveyJonesXx":2i0i8pzb said:
pstar":2i0i8pzb said:
mooncobra":2i0i8pzb said:
damn, that is really messed up, another dude who got bad tubes from him. :gethim:

notified of 2 others that have also been taken

Ordered some "rare German RFTs with plenty of life on them" a while back. 3 were on their way out and one was microphonic - totally unusable. Notified him and he said he'd send another. Never came around.

Sorry, Dave. But all a man has is his word.

In the words of steve miller, it looks like he took the money and run....

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:33 am, last time he was on rigtalk.

I didn't screw you.. I told you that after 2 or 3 months you aren't gonna pop up and say "hey these tubes don't work" and that's being very well put, LOL lets get it right here.. And no I am not trying to save my ass here as I don't hang out on forums as much anymore.. I also told you, out of the thousands of tubes I've sold here you pop up long after you received them talkin to me like a 12 yr old and my response was as such. You are the only one that has ever had a problem esp with the nice NOS tubes I usually deal with and who knows?? You could have jacked them up yourself as you wouldn't be the first one. Now had it been within a week or so I would not have cared but as long as you took. Sorry.. Ive sold tons of tubes and other stuff on this forum so for you to act like that really didn't bother me as I sold you top notch excellent tubes as I always have on here, what you did with them in that time period who knows?? Either way had it been a decent time period Id have honored the situation but taking that long to contact me and the dialect you chose to do so wasn't cool at all.. So you can use an internet forum to talk crap but I didn't go anywhere to say HE'S BACK I just got on with life not forums.

tlingen":q5vr5zq4 said:
How long have you had them, when did they go bad and how much were they?
exactly :rock: If you'd told me soon like within a couple weeks or month I wouldn't have cared.. But now you come on here and try to defame my character like I've been hiding out because of you is absurd. Im sorry you were not happy but a timely manner is a timely manner and as I told you 1 in over a thousand transactions in my 9 years on here that was an old transaction was just very strange esp the manner in which you did so as if I was some fly by night kid selling crap on RT ..So no one was trying to screw you over as I don't do that to people and never have. I test all my tubes the moment I get them on proven testers and I am sorry if you weren't happy but the situation was really strange esp since I had pulled away from the forums due to school and family life and most of all GAS was not doing me much justice at the time. So don't be so arrogant to think your little transaction made me not come around, that is outlandish and wrong.And once again I'm sorry you weren't happy but a timely manner would have gotten you a refund or replacements as people have done worse to others on here after they have sold them something how did I know you even can operate an amp correctly?How do I know your amp isn't junk and ruined the tubes on and on etc.. So you can try to makeme out as the bad guy but Im not and hopefully we all can learn from this. I will test tubes in amps and with a tester as I always have and if you buy tubes from someone and me included I will try them out in a timely manner and will tell the person in a timely manner if I have any issues.. Once again I am sorry you weren't happy but you did not get screwed over as we do not do that to each other on here, that is why most of us have stayed here for so long is the fact that we all have trusted each other more than other forums.. Good day ;)

I just read the rest of the thread
Davey you never said you were unhappy why did you not contact me??
And mailman I didn't fuk my status over tubes lol I had just been buying to much gear and selling that the fam said stay away from the forums and guitars. Which is what I had been doing. Pstar was not contacted afterward because the situation seemed strange that's all. And Davey you could have contacted me if you didn't dig the RFTs and Id refunded you cuz they were all gone.
Quick communication is the key not months later as for pstar. Either way I wasn't "screwing" anyone over. As for email I don't even know what email I used to open a RT acct so that's probably why I didn't reply. If anyone got something from me that you didn't like feel free to message me and I will replace them as long as they are not RFTs as I don't have anymore of those. And you can come try to shit in my mailbox any day..

I contacted you right away regarding tubes not being new. You told me you were out of stock so you couldn't replace them. Now that you have more stock, I sent you a PM to replace what you sold me.

just42dave":3v17rpqo said:
Davey you never said you were unhappy why did you not contact me??

xXDaveyJonesXx":3v17rpqo said:
Notified him and he said he'd send another. Never came around.

I did. I explained the crackling, volume swells / drops and how I replaced the problematic tube with one of my own. You apologized and said you'd send an Ei 12AX7 if I recall. You were cordial and all. You just never came through. I wrote it off thinking I was the unlucky one-off, as you wheel and deal like a motherfucker around here and were in a tight spot at the time, as it was the only reason you were selling. Figured I learned my lesson - Stick with The Queen.

just42dave":34svxoqx said:
tlingen":34svxoqx said:
How long have you had them, when did they go bad and how much were they?
exactly :rock: If you'd told me soon like within a couple weeks or month I wouldn't have cared.. But now you come on here and try to defame my character like I've been hiding out because of you is absurd. Im sorry you were not happy but a timely manner is a timely manner and as I told you 1 in over a thousand transactions in my 9 years on here that was an old transaction was just very strange esp the manner in which you did so as if I was some fly by night kid selling crap on RT ..So no one was trying to screw you over as I don't do that to people and never have. I test all my tubes the moment I get them on proven testers and I am sorry if you weren't happy but the situation was really strange esp since I had pulled away from the forums due to school and family life and most of all GAS was not doing me much justice at the time. So don't be so arrogant to think your little transaction made me not come around, that is outlandish and wrong.And once again I'm sorry you weren't happy but a timely manner would have gotten you a refund or replacements as people have done worse to others on here after they have sold them something how did I know you even can operate an amp correctly?How do I know your amp isn't junk and ruined the tubes on and on etc.. So you can try to makeme out as the bad guy but Im not and hopefully we all can learn from this. I will test tubes in amps and with a tester as I always have and if you buy tubes from someone and me included I will try them out in a timely manner and will tell the person in a timely manner if I have any issues.. Once again I am sorry you weren't happy but you did not get screwed over as we do not do that to each other on here, that is why most of us have stayed here for so long is the fact that we all have trusted each other more than other forums.. Good day ;)

I bought the tubes in the fall because to be fair you offered a very good deal - and I had just gotten in line for a KK++, the tubes were for that amp. The Gower arrived in February, the tubes sat in the same box you sent them in for all of those months in my apartment, never even opened them to look if there was anything in there.

I have never had a bad transaction from years on MLP, Reverb, and quite a few on here. The notion that I fucked them up and am I'm making shit up is just false. Like I said in my cordial PM and email, I didn't expect you to do anything about it. But I can at least warn others.

Just spoke with just42dave via PM. He is sending me a replacement =C= EL34 within range of the rest of the quad to replace the bad one. :thumbsup:

Dealing tubes is not easy. Its very hard to test them right for noise. I used to sell quite a few NOS years back. I tested them at high gain and higher plate voltage. Its really the only way to go.
I bought some tubes from him and they were perfect. I know some others have had issues with noise and microphonics. A tube seller does have to make good. It is a buyers responsibility to test them quickly and not sit on them. I test tubes immediately when I buy them, new or used. Coming back weeks later is a no go even if they were bad from the get go. Test them when you get them.

No disrespect Dave. Glad you voiced up.
It was the not responding that raised a red flag.
But you always been a good member here that's why this seemed out of character for you. :thumbsup:

He is sending me some replacement tubes as well.

For the record, I've purchased more than 100 tubes from him with only one issue...a few tubes tested low. I'd still purchase more from him.

a few more cats have come forwarded also that have been sold bad tubes by just42dave. I paid you for good tubes as you stated they were great. They are totally unusable in any shape or form ! . You also admitted to having sent the wrong tubes to me as they were intended for someone else ! have the emails and that other person has been in touch with me. And you told him that i would be sending these tubes that you sent to me back to him. WTF is that ? You never said anything of this to me ! So you take my money and screwed another buyer and gave a lame promise ( lie) to the other buyer, implicating me without my knowledge or consent to the matter. BE A MAN AND MAKE IT RIGHT ! You rode me off and refused to deal with the situation and ignored my emails. DUDE DO THE RIGHT THING, REPLACE OR REFUND.

Back