Keeley modded SD 1 ?

screamindemon

Anyone out there doing the Keeley mods for the Boss SD 1 pedals? I have one I had them mod years ago and love it.
I don’t think they are modding pedals anymore. I called and left a message but they haven’t returned my call.

Attachments

• 5705B70A-D0B7-4C9A-8688-F0944831EAD7.jpeg
    5705B70A-D0B7-4C9A-8688-F0944831EAD7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
Just build a clone from one of the pedal sites.. like AionFX.

Upgrade teh components and incorporate the "mods" as you build it.

Use a Burr-Brown OPA2134 instead of the original IC.

These are the changes Keeley made to the original circuit:

C1 100n
C2 100n
C3 470pF
C4 100n
C5 220pF
C7 1uF
C10 47n
C12 100n
R10 2k4
R12 1k5
R23 20k

Last edited:
Just build a clone from one of the pedal sites.. like AionFX.

Upgrade teh components and incorporate the "mods" as you build it.

Use a Burr-Brown OPA2134 instead of the original IC.

These are the changes Keeley made to the original circuit:

C1 100n
C2 100n
C3 470pF
C4 100n
C5 220pF
C7 1uF
C10 47n
C12 100n
R10 2k4
R12 1k5
R23 20k
Don’t see a kit for an SD 1 on the site. Would rather buy one already done.

Don’t see a kit for an SD 1 on the site. Would rather buy one already done.
The kits come available from time to time.. You don't want the kit anyway, because you want to spec the components yourself to have the "modded" specs.

You can almost always buy the circuit board for about $12.

Source the parts from Mouser, Small Bear, etc

Do you do a SD 1 or would it it be a custom I off ? You can add the Keeley mods right ?
if you wanted to keep my graphics and just do the circuit change .... I would charge 125 shipped .... and would be able to ship out on Monday as long as I have all the parts in stock .
custom graphics on the build will be 3-4 weeks till I can ship ... it takes about 3 weeks to get a " new " enclosure done

My SD-1 is Keeley modded circa the 2000s. Eh, it's ok but honestly if I could do it all over again, I would just leave it stock. One of the modes selectable by toggle (I can't recall which one) I never use as the drop in volume is too noticeable.

My SD-1 is Keeley modded circa the 2000s. Eh, it's ok but honestly if I could do it all over again, I would just leave it stock. One of the modes selectable by toggle (I can't recall which one) I never use as the drop in volume is too noticeable.
I have both stock and the Keeley and I prefer the Keeley. I have the toggle as well and always leave it in the up position. 👍

if you wanted to keep my graphics and just do the circuit change .... I would charge 125 shipped .... and would be able to ship out on Monday as long as I have all the parts in stock .
custom graphics on the build will be 3-4 weeks till I can ship ... it takes about 3 weeks to get a " new " enclosure done
I’ll hit you up when I’m ready, thanks

The one you see above that says " Super Drive " is a SD-1 clone ... part for part ( but really good quality parts ) it's also True bypass ..... so you won't get any " tone suck " when the pedal is off ...
I can implement the changes to Keeley Spec ...
Does the Waza version have better parts than the standard sd-1?,,,,,or is it just the extra mode that makes them different?

Super Drive looks great btw, and true-bypass is something the waza really lacks imo.

Does the Waza version have better parts than the standard sd-1?,,,,,or is it just the extra mode that makes them different?

Super Drive looks great btw, and true-bypass is something the waza really lacks imo.
Was curious about this too ?
I'm not sure if the Waza series uses upgraded parts ..... never been inside of one .... I prefer to use Nichicon Audio Grade Electro's in all my builds ...
a lot of the " older " mods to these type of pedals were upgrading the electrolytics to lower the noise floor ....besides just changing some values

Back