Keep old guitar mags?

ewill52

I've got like 4-5 totes of old guitar mags. I haven't looked at them in years...maybe a decades. At this point, I'm only hanging onto them for nostalgia and they take up a shit ton of space. Does anyone still keep them? I think I want to throw 'em out. Anyone else have this problem?

I have every mag from 1983 to current,in particular guitar player,world,guitar one,premier guitar,and more.Even have the little records that came with guitar player mag lessons..( before the interweb) took over-I actually made a database filing system of lessons,gear reviews,ect.cut em all out neatly and organized accordingly.I still use the system to this day.

Little B":2zbfjkck said:
I have every mag from 1983 to current,in particular guitar player,world,guitar one,premier guitar,and more

i have most all of them too from about 88 on. loads of info to be found in all of them

I miss having mine as a reference (GFTPM, GW & Guitar school from about 1984-1992)... I do NOT miss having that much room taken up.
Used to love the artist gear write ups in Guitar World.

Hell no. I did from the 90s to early 2000s and then came to my senses. I kept my very first one of Slash from the beginning of ‘92 and Recycled the rest.

I've kept most of mine, but sold off some of them. At one point, had every issue of Guitar World going back to the very first issue.
If anyone has any older issues of the guitar mags and is thinking of throwing them out.. i might take them off of your hands!

I have every GFTPM-GW from '87-current. I had most Guitar Players from then, but recycled those. To be honest, I rarely look at them any more with life and kids. Occasionally, I leaf through them and find a song from a band that I wasn't a fan of before, but now think, that might be fun to play (Stray Cats, for instance). But, my wife hates that I have three bookcases full of old magazines and another full of guitar tab books, so I am thinking of downsizing; especially since GW seems to have gone to shit over the last few years.

I have a metric S ton of them as well and maybe would consider movin them for the right person/collection and a few bucks per issue.
I'd have to dig and see what i actually have, but i'm a message away if anyone's interested. Many of them are still in the plastic bag/cover (albeit opened though).

I have a few milk crates full of GW mags from the late 90s and 2000s. Haven't looked at them for almost 10 years.
I see guys trying to sell stack's of them locally for peanuts. Trying being the key word...I couldn't be bothered. Will turf them eventually...

I've got some going back to '95 or so. I leaf through them now and again. Neat to look at how things changed even in that little amount of time.

I have a ton as well. mostly GFTPM, Guitar World, and Guitar one.
I just can't let go. Too much fun to go back and relive the times of past.

I have them from 84 to mid 2000's. Lots of great info,lessons,tab ect.I like looking at all the old gear that was hot shit back then and then look it up on Ebay where it goes for dirt cheap. Also no website addresses,twitter,facebook ect in the ads. Not worth much but I can't bring myself to toss them.

Years & years of them can be downloaded in 2 minutes & only take up a little hard drive space......

Back