Kemper IR Converter

amiller

OK, so Kemper now has an IR converter available. I know less than squat about IRs. What do I do with them? Are they worth the $$ that Redwirez charges for them? Shoud I be excited that I can now convert IRs so that they can be used in the Kemper?

With IRs you basically have tons of different cabs with different mic positions & speakers.

As far as you buying the Redwirez package simply comes down to if you are looking for different sounds out of your Kemper or not.

The majority of the tones we love comes from the mic/cab & not from the amp itself.

BYTOR":3j2776ol said:
With IRs you basically have tons of different cabs with different mic positions & speakers.

As far as you buying the Redwirez package simply comes down to if you are looking for different sounds out of your Kemper or not.

The majority of the tones we love comes from the mic/cab & not from the amp itself.

I saw this and thought it looked cool, but thinking about it, I don't really see how or why I would use it. If I don't like a profile, I usually don't even bother changing the cab as I like the idea of using the profile as it was meant to sound and not tweaking forever to try to get it to fit to my sound. However, if I like a profile I do find it fun to see what it sounds like with a greenback cab or a scumback cab.
Shit, did I just talk myself into liking this? No, just more temptation to tweak... :doh:

I don't know, but I can't imagine IRs sounding as good as whatever method the Kemper uses. It would be an interesting thing to see though. They do use a different method than the standard sine sweep of convolution IRs for capturing. I don't know if it's better or not, I just know the Kemper sounds great.

I would actually like to see the reverse...using the Kemper to export its cabs to an IR format. Again, I don't know if they are better or not, I just know the Kemper sounds great.

tfridgen":o3mg5ax5 said:
BYTOR":o3mg5ax5 said:

I saw this and thought it looked cool, but thinking about it, I don't really see how or why I would use it. If I don't like a profile, I usually don't even bother changing the cab as I like the idea of using the profile as it was meant to sound and not tweaking forever to try to get it to fit to my sound. However, if I like a profile I do find it fun to see what it sounds like with a greenback cab or a scumback cab.
Shit, did I just talk myself into liking this? No, just more temptation to tweak... :doh:

That's the thing that interests me...being able to change cabs on an already cool sounding profile just to see what shakes out. I know I can already do that with the Kemper but having a collection of third party IRs opens up more options.

Changing cabs can make the biggest difference. Now, if you have irs that you have loved, you can import into kroner and use those now inside. Pretty cool

Audioholic":3kgiacdv said:
Changing cabs can make the biggest difference. Now, if you have irs that you have loved, you can import into kroner and use those now inside. Pretty cool

I assume you meant Kemper? :rock:

Back