Kirk Hammett Nosferatu Guitar

abrackas

METALLICA's Kirk Hammett, who is a huge horror fan, has unveiled the highly limited-edition ESP LTD Kirk Hammett Nosferatu guitar.

With a price tag of $2,400 ($2,500 internationally), each of only 13 guitars comes hand-numbered and signed by Kirk and includes a photo of Hammett holding your own personal guitar with a certificate of authenticity. Each guitar also includes a Basil Gogos giclée of Nosferatu signed by Basil Gogos and a limited-edition Famous Zombies Jr Kirk Von Hammett Zombie, a.ka. "Lil Kirk."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metall ... I3axjQp.99

ESP is going to shit...E-II, bunch of Kirk Hammett movie poster LTDs. I'm Metallica guy but I absolutely don't dig the old horrors graphics. There is no value in it for me. I associate Kirk more with his weird KH3 (spider Eclipse) than any of these...

A $2500 Ltd.? :LOL: :LOL: ESP really has lost it. Even limited to 13 guitars they won't hold value as a collectors item. If being bought as a player why pay $2500 for a Ltd.? The graphic on the guitar looks poor IMO also.

The Hetfield Grynch's were like $900 bucks new. The last few I saw for sale didn't even sell and they were priced around $1000-$1300.

The only ESP Metallica Signature guitars with any value anymore are the ESP JH-1, JH-2, JH-3 and maybe the ESP Hammett Ouija.

Is it just me, or did he use absolutely zero gain in that clip? The tone didn't do any favors for that guitar. If $2,500 is MAP, my guess is any decent dealer could be in the $1,800-$1,900 range. Still laughable if you ask me. IIRC, the IC and NT Ouija's went for about $6,500 new after dealer discount, so I guess I can see why ESP thinks they can get this much for the LTD. This difference is both those guitars are iconic..... this, not so much.

I thought that advertisement was really cool!!!And his tone and playing were equally cool! Yes the price for the LTD is way steep. :yes:

jlb32":22gtiwco said:
A $2500 Ltd.? :LOL: :LOL: ESP really has lost it. Even limited to 13 guitars they won't hold value as a collectors item. If being bought as a player why pay $2500 for a Ltd.? The graphic on the guitar looks poor IMO also.

The Hetfield Grynch's were like $900 bucks new. The last few I saw for sale didn't even sell and they were priced around $1000-$1300.

The only ESP Metallica Signature guitars with any value anymore are the ESP JH-1, JH-2, JH-3 and maybe the ESP Hammett Ouija.

Hannemans are going up lately. KH2 "Caution hot" are ridiculous nowadays. Other than that Kirks sigs are loosing value like crazy....look at those KH DCs.

Knockout":1eybcpmn said:
jlb32":1eybcpmn said:

Hannemans are going up lately. KH2 "Caution hot" are ridiculous nowadays. Other than that Kirks sigs are loosing value like crazy....look at those KH DCs.

Still holding on to my 2009 ESP Ouija #53/53. Waiting for Metallica to retire..... :D

Unless that was some form of guitar cover of the Nosferatu song, that was the worst I've ever heard Kirk play. I can't believe he gave that video the ok.

Doesn't look like it'll be sold anywhere else other than on his website. Is that right?

Ok, was not going to comment on this but after watching the vid, i had too. :cry:

:cry: :thumbsdown:

I cannot believe this is the same hero i used to have playing this way, he used to have such great soloing ideas back then, all his solos where memorable. Now.......

I just can't watch him play no more, i get anxious before a vid starts of him playing, and i mean the bad anxiety type.

I wont get into all the awesome solos i was talking about, but we all know what I'm talking about.

I am speechless of this :(

Chris

Oh and by the way, got distracted by the playing, i do not dig the guitar, at all. Very toyish, and damn, at least be it an ESP at that price.

$799 would be adequate, IMO.

Chris

This price appears to be set by the KVH store which is owned by Kirk. This is not a price set by ESP. If ESP releases the guitar (which has not been announced yet) that is not a limited hand signed number package edition by Kirk I'm sure it will be standard LTD price.
I personally think it's cool what he is doing with the limited number, package, etc. Maybe it's priced too high but who cares.

I think the graphic is pretty terrible IMHO. I mean, the graphic is basically letters that follow a design that doesn't match the shape of the guitar at all. It would have made more sense to put the design on a guitar with a rounded profile...but it would still just be letters. Maybe it's how one of the original movie posters looked, IDK, but it looks very uninspired.

As far as the playing goes...it's pretty cool that there's a video to market the guitar. Not impressed by the lead he played, but at least it's more than a random unison bend and that's it.

I wonder why they made such an expensive LTD instead of an ESP. At that price, that's a tough decision to make. I wonder if Kirk was against having "E-II" on the headstock?

fretout":1mvnl6y8 said:
I think the graphic is pretty terrible IMHO. I mean, the graphic is basically letters that follow a design that doesn't match the shape of the guitar at all. It would have made more sense to put the design on a guitar with a rounded profile...but it would still just be letters. Maybe it's how one of the original movie posters looked, IDK, but it looks very uninspired.

As far as the playing goes...it's pretty cool that there's a video to market the guitar. Not impressed by the lead he played, but at least it's more than a random unison bend and that's it.

I wonder why they made such an expensive LTD instead of an ESP. At that price, that's a tough decision to make. I wonder if Kirk was against having "E-II" on the headstock?

ESP did not make the LTD expensive! The price is set by Kirk from the KVH store that includes the package he is doing with the guitar. Why are people confused by this?
Just for the record, I'm not a fan of the guitar or the horror themed guitars he does in general. I've owned a ESP KH2 vintage and the special edition and they were amazing guitars.

I am sure Kirk really doesn't give two shits what the forum's opinions are. It is what it is - a collector piece. Not something for the Rug Talk Basement Tour.... :thumbsup:

89aaac3d9d7a479f7034be8d0fa711f4.jpg

esp_ltd_kirk_hammett_nosferatu_electric_guitar.jpg

Graphic was taken from one of the movie posters. Just like the rest of the Horror Movie guitars.

Back