Klon Centaur

I owned a Klon for a decent amount of time. Bought it for $200 and it was WELL worth it at that price. However, I was able to sell it for more than 3 times that and it wasn't worth it anymore.

Really is a great pedal though. Although they are over priced and over hyped. :dunno:

Must be purely a collectors deal at this point since a newer, smaller one is coming out. I'd like to try one, but I'll simply wait.

Matte23":3ekq1i9r said:
TIM by paul chrocane is similar to Klon?? no??
Not even close. The paul C stuff is some of the best stuf on the market.

The klon is a clever design and a good pedal but not worth the price at all. no OD is worth that. Paul C sells the timmy for $129 and youll still wait for 6 months if you buy one from him. I can see paying a little more to skip the 6 months wait but $300? $500? $900?
:LOL: :LOL:

I have had an original but sold it a few yrs ago. I have since got a klon clone off ebay for $150 called the tauras and it sounds the same to me, the only differance besides the size of the box is that the clone has true bypass while the original is a buffered bypass. The klon is a great pedal and I love it although I wouldnt pay 900 for one or even 500. I use it with my marshalls and it kills. It is great used as a clean boost or used as an overdrive.

Matte23":1cduizde said:
TIM by paul chrocane is similar to Klon?? no??

Most of the overdrive pedals are based on the Ibanez Tubescreamer except they've been highly modded or tweaked. The Klon and TIM/Timmy are tubescreamer derivatives with mods/changes that suited the individual builder. They do sound different, but internally they are very similar. I also use the tubescreamer base in ours but add 3 types of clipping devices (diodes ((germanium and silicon)) and LED's), a mid boost switch, different value drive pot to increase gain, 24 gauge solid core wire, certain component value changes, 1% tolerance parts, and high quailty low noise op amp chips. With the selectable clipping, it gives you different sounds such as a more vintage style overdrive or modern style overdrive/distortion. The mid boost switch is cool because you can add or subtract that "tubescreamer mid-hump" that people either love or hate. I understand maybe some folks would not spend over $200 on a pedal, but for anyone who would, please check our website and videos out! http://www.eepedals.com

Gooseman":2vjlfahv said:
The Rockbox Boiling Point is supposed to mimic the Klon very much.

That sounds really cool :rock:

Thanks for posting, I've been looking for something along those lines! :D

Most ODs out are tubescreamers. The rest are rats. There arent that many original ODs out there.

I can never figure out how when it comes to amps, tubes are king, nobody wants a solid state amp, but everybody crows over $300-600 pedals that are nothing more than solid state components for your main sound.

BoneSaw":3t4qfvgp said:
I can never figure out how when it comes to amps, tubes are king, nobody wants a solid state amp, but everybody crows over $300-600 pedals that are nothing more than solid state components for your main sound.

Same reason everyone is picky about what woods for guitars, and pickups at the same time. It's all part of the chain. That $300-$600 dollar pedal might sound like shit in a SS amp, and glorious through the right tube amp. (maybe reverse that as well).

steve@russo":35zedclf said:
echelon, email me dimag333@gmail.com I could not see what $100 pedal you are talking about

Steve: I believe he was stating that his pedal is $100 less than the cost of the Boiling Point, which is $369. I saw his pedal on his website, but didn't see any video or audio information detailing what the pedal can do.

Audioholic":1ah67z1n said:
Its the dumble in the pedal world.

This.

And I bet if all owners and sellers decided to universally bump the price to $1900 per stomp, they'd be even more popular just by sheer exclusivity. I have no desire to get one or even try one... It's a stomp. If it's the dirt it's delivering, I've got plenty of refined dirt in all my 'dirt' amps :LOL: :LOL:

V.

Back