Knives, Machetes, Swords, and other cutlery

i8d5yF2.jpg

How long is the blade? You gonna EDC that bad boy? Loving that sheath too. If it's under 5.5 you can carry it in a bar in Texas.
5" blade. The sheath was one of the things people complained about. I'm not sure why. It's great. Nice retention, kydex, small footprint. Yeah I'm sure It'll make it's way into my rotation depending on circumstances.

The blade is very nice. Perfect thickness, very sharp. The knife balances well and will be a good camp, homestead, utility, tactical, whatever knife. Benchmade makes good stuff.

5" blade. The sheath was one of the things people complained about. I'm not sure why. It's great. Nice retention, kydex, small footprint. Yeah I'm sure It'll make it's way into my rotation depending on circumstances.

The blade is very nice. Perfect thickness, very sharp. The knife balances well and will be a good camp, homestead, utility, tactical, whatever knife. Benchmade makes good stuff.
Looks great. Love the gimping on the back too, super handy for doing fine work. Some of the blades out there are so dang thick and beefy about all they are good for is cutting your way out of a trunk, haha. That does look like a good all purpose blade. And 5-6" is about ideal length IMO

I been EDC'ing that Campolin Zero switchblade but it needs bi-weekly oiling or it gets a little gummed up and doesn't wanna open all the way. The stupid pocket clip has tiny torx watch screws that I need a real small screwdriver to tighten down. Otherwise I really like it for bar carry and such.

I'd really like one of the Campolin swingaurd bats but rich dudes buy em all up before and they are sold out before I can get an order in. I been pining for too much new guitar stuff lately and still ain't even out of the setbacks this year has brought so patience is required. No biggie, I pretty much have everything I need truthfully.

Looks great. Love the gimping on the back too, super handy for doing fine work. Some of the blades out there are so dang thick and beefy about all they are good for is cutting your way out of a trunk, haha. That does look like a good all purpose blade. And 5-6" is about ideal length IMO

I been EDC'ing that Campolin Zero switchblade but it needs bi-weekly oiling or it gets a little gummed up and doesn't wanna open all the way. The stupid pocket clip has tiny torx watch screws that I need a real small screwdriver to tighten down. Otherwise I really like it for bar carry and such.

I'd really like one of the Campolin swingaurd bats but rich dudes buy em all up before and they are sold out before I can get an order in. I been pining for too much new guitar stuff lately and still ain't even out of the setbacks this year has brought so patience is required. No biggie, I pretty much have everything I need truthfully.
Something I do on every knife with a clip immediately upon receiving it. I take those tiny screws out one at a time, put a drop of blue LocTite on it and tighten it back down. I’ve never had one work loose since I started doing that.

Any recommendations regarding OTF (switchblade style) knives?
Benchmade Infidel ( any of the Benchmade OTFs are going to be great)
Microtech Ultratech ( or UTX85)
I'm partial to M390 but S30V, S90V, Magnacut, CPM Cruwear are all excellent choices, depending on your priorities.

If you're looking for a solid, but much less expensive option, there is a company in Texas called Cobratech. They make pretty decent stuff. I've had one that's pretty similar to the Ultratech for a couple years, though I suspect Chinese D2, and it has held up well. Harder to sharpen than the D2 I'm used to but it holds an edge pretty well. I wanna say I paid about $100 for it whereas the MTs are around $300.

Benchmade Infidel ( any of the Benchmade OTFs are going to be great)
Microtech Ultratech ( or UTX85)
I'm partial to M390 but S30V, S90V, Magnacut, CPM Cruwear are all excellent choices, depending on your priorities.

If you're looking for a solid, but much less expensive option, there is a company in Texas called Cobratech. They make pretty decent stuff. I've had one that's pretty similar to the Ultratech for a couple years, though I suspect Chinese D2, and it has held up well. Harder to sharpen than the D2 I'm used to but it holds an edge pretty well. I wanna say I paid about $100 for it whereas the MTs are around $300.
Thanks dude, I'll check into all of the above. Going to do some shopping this weekend for OTFs and maybe some trench knives. I've had an old knuckle duster shank since the late 80s, but I'd really like another one with a skull crusher pommel. Leaning towards ordering a 1918 US reproduction from Atlanta Cutlery.

Last edited:
Thanks dude, I'll check into all of the above. Going to do some shopping this weekend for OTFs and maybe some trench knives. I've already got an old nuckle duster but I'd really like another one with a skull crusher pommel. Leaning towards ordering from Atlanta Cutlery.
Lion Steel makes good stuff and not overly expensive. I'd give them a look.

If you want to splurge on an OTF you can't go wrong with an Infidel. It'll cost you $500, but it is an awesome knife. The Ultratechs are fucking bulletproof too and a bit cheaper. In the $300 range. Get the M390. It's bad ass.

Back