Laney GH50L?

ejecta

Im looking at getting a grab and go 50 watt head. Im loving my Deliverances with my gianormous pedal board but was looking for a lower cost head I can run a all in one efx board through the head with my 2x12 and go.

Are the Laneys pretty good? The clips sound pretty cool. A little more "metal" or "hair" to the tone than my D's which is cool and kinda what I want ... anyway I was also looking at may a DSL 50. I tried a buddy's JSX and it was way too compressed.

What do you guys think?

you wanting to us ethe amps gain or a pedal gain??? if either itll work great, Opeth uses their laneys as clean amps to power their boss GTs.

>|<>QBB<
The_Sh0t":e8eff said:
you wanting to us ethe amps gain or a pedal gain??? if either itll work great, Opeth uses their laneys as clean amps to power their boss GTs.

I mostly like pre amp gain and hit it with a bit of pedal if needed. I thought the GH50L were pretty gainy.

oh they are, but they are also a great clean amp to use with board EFX. If you get one, what i like to do now(just found it out) is set the loop to the middle, then roll back the loop volume, it acts as a powerbrake so you can turn up the master without geting blown out. makes it alot nicer.

Cool. Ive read some have said they think they feel kinda cheap but hey for the price and if the dont break down that much and sound good who cares? How long have you had yours?

ive had mine sence april of 05, ive only had 2 sets of tubes(power) ever init, and i am pretty hard on it i guess, i turn it on in the morning and leave it on standby for hours onend, never failed me once, i dono how ppl can think they "feel cheap" cuz its a heavy ass head(weighs alot)..i can see the "cheapness" in the jacks, they are all plastic but that doesnt effect the tone at all.

I'm very satisfied with mine... they are a lot more versatile than most people think, they are great for metal (check sig) and yet I think they are even better for hard rock/classic rock. Not many bells and whistles, but if you
prefer a simple setup (and I do) these sound great and are cheap to boot.

Of course, if you can try before you buy that would be better...

Im retubing my GH100L and I cant decide which power tubes to put in. Im torn between JJ 6L6GC and SED 6L6GC. I play all kinds of metal, rock stuff, so I need good power and low end and also nice solo tone. In preamp there are 2x Ruby ecc83cz and 2 chinese tubes I think. Anyone with power tubes expirience on Laneys ?

Back