Learning songs by slowing them down

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16554

What software do you guys use to slow songs down? I've been using a vocalist player on my windows but it really muffles the sound when you slow songs down a good bit

Transcribe! by Sevenstring Software on Windows or Mac is the best I've used. There is a free trial version.

Anytune Pro on iOS is good too.

HowMuchYaBench":nowhiz9e said:
I just use Logic 9. The varispeed function works perfectly for learning (as well as recording slowly and speeding back up :).

Works in Logic Express as well. My demo period for Transcribe! just ended so I'll be using this instead. Plus, I can save it as a project and navigating to specific parts in a song are much easier than in Transcribe!.

Logic 9 here too. Can slowdown and also will transpose if you want to learn downtuned songs without downtuning. Or if you sing and need them transposed up to a more standard tuning. (ie. I sing, and songs by Seether are generally drop D + 1/2 step down (ie. drop Db). Logic 9 will bring em back up to regular drop D)

Riff Station is the best I've tried, it helps you isolate buried guitars in a mix, super cool.

Capo is algo great, I use both.

I was gonna suggest riffstation as well since I see ads for it all the time, but never used it. Of course, it costs and many of the others recommended here don't, so unless it does quite a bit more than the free ones, maybe it isn't the best suggestion. :doh:

Back