Lehle Dual SGoS

nbarts

steve_k’s Little Labs PCP review inspired me to put this up. I’m sure Mercenary wouldn’t sell crap & few options are very cool, but over 1000$ to just simultaneously run 3 amps is a lot of money. If you have it, it’s great, but there is a lot of cool stuff you can buy for 1000$.

To do the same task you can get a Lehle Dual SGoS, which is also pretty expensive if you ask me. First of all the unit is pretty goddamn big which is a little irritating, on the other hand if it was smaller it would be a challenge pushing buttons with your feet, so I guess it’s a pretty stupid thing to get upset about, but it keeps bugging me. Second – there is no power adapter included, which sucks also. More importantly it does change the original tone a little bit & switching one output on & off changes the sound of other outputs too (for absolute tone freaks), but not enough to worry about it at all. It is transformer isolated (only 2 outputs), programmable, you can chain it with other Lehle SGoS units, accepts midi commands, no annoying hum or other annoying noises, dead silent switching. Gets the job done, I have no complains. In other words if you are running only 2 amps at a time I’d recommend to look into the Dual SGoS, before you pull the trigger for a PCP. Whether PCP is worth paying that much more is for you to decide; might just be in certain cases, but definitely not for me.

:D :thumbsup:

I didn't try a Lehle product. Being German though, one would expect nothing less than we get from their amps! What I did try though was a Voodoo Labs Amp Switcher and I wasn't impressed at all. Even though transformer isolated, there was still hum and other crud to put up with. When it went into the closet, next to the other door stops, I was considering buying the Lehle, but I didn't really need a switcher as I keep both amps always on. If I need to kick one out, I use the Bradshaw 4x4 capabilities. Then I saw the Little Labs product. Had a tough time pulling the trigger on it, but I did. Other than my VH4, and my 81 Les Paul Silverburst, this would be my 3rd most prized tone possession, with the Bradshaw 4x4 close behind as they aren't easy to come by.

Steve

Let's make my point clear here, I don't think Lehle is perfect, but then nothing is. It all boils down to the very situation & budget. I can see how PCP makes perfect sense in your case & in all honesty had I the money for it I'd get one too, because Uberschall is a bitch to deal with; any little noise through Uberschall results in a LOT of noise and that's when I never go gain above 1:00. I think you've made a great choice & it's good to know about Voodoo Labs Amp Switcher, because I was about to get one before I bought the Lehle; and I agree, ground loops are not the only problem with these units, they seem to add some crap of their own.

But after all 1000$ to split a guitar signal!!!, I mean is that just me or is it really over the line pricing?

I've just tried the PCP & I have to say that my Lehle unit's output is more close to the original signal.
Overall, I'd say for the price PCP ain't that good.

All these units take something from the signal or add some noise to some extent, which is pretty disappointing.

I have bought a Lehle Dual and it has blown up three amps!!!https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=52&t=38863&sid=640fc86a2ea7006049ea3197bc9536b9# All three amps worked fine until I used the lehle with them. The amps are; EVH 5150 (III), Engle Special edition, and an Hughes & Kettner attax 80 (non valve amp). I took the unit back to the shop but they said that they could not get it to go wrong. Has anyone else had this problem, or can suggest how a faulty a/b box could even do this? The damage to the amps has been the internal fuses blowing. Thanks.

Atomictommygun":hkneq12w said:
I have bought a Lehle Dual and it has blown up three amps!!!https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=52&t=38863&sid=640fc86a2ea7006049ea3197bc9536b9# All three amps worked fine until I used the lehle with them. The amps are; EVH 5150 (III), Engle Special edition, and an Hughes & Kettner attax 80 (non valve amp). I took the unit back to the shop but they said that they could not get it to go wrong. Has anyone else had this problem, or can suggest how a faulty a/b box could even do this? The damage to the amps has been the internal fuses blowing. Thanks.

Crazy question, but got to ask it......both amps you are running through the Lehle at the same time have their own speaker load - correct?

Steve

yeew6HNB":3tuph2fb said:
Electronics store! Welcome to go my store online. the best and cheapest Electronics store online: http://www.gdseller.com
1559606_340_1116081430036-spam.jpg

Ive used this lehle with all these amps in all combinations with nothing but the best signal integrity and never had a single issue ever;mesa mkIII,mk IV, Bogner shiva, Diezel herbert, Diezel VH4,Custom shop badcat, Friedman marshall,fender bandmaster.

Back