Let's talk Mezzabarba

That's you you should buy an amp with a drink/fire extinguisher holder built in
View attachment 227851
Lmao!!! Damn near spat my drink out
I’ve owned one- not my personal sound but they are good at what they do. That being said, a dealer claimed that mezzabarba wouldn’t allow them to sell their amps if they also sold redseven. Super scummy move imo, and worth keeping in mind. Redseven isn’t the same at all so it’s just them being dickheads
That is so weird, I was also looking at the redseven leviathan ironically enough. I'm guessing some random beef between em, but Yea that's weird. Wonder if it's cos they are both from Italy

I’ve owned one- not my personal sound but they are good at what they do. That being said, a dealer claimed that mezzabarba wouldn’t allow them to sell their amps if they also sold redseven. Super scummy move imo, and worth keeping in mind. Redseven isn’t the same at all so it’s just them being dickheads
Dude your gear list is basically every amp I'm thinking about right now, so curious as to why you sold the ones you did and kept those 5.

Dude your gear list is basically every amp I'm thinking about right now, so curious as to why you sold the ones you did and kept those 5.
I’ll go through everything I’ve owned
Revv- compressed and nothing unique sounding, but super versatile and tight-7/10
Jp2c- really good at what it did but not versatile -8/10
Dual dark- I could see why people like it and super unique but not my thing at all- sounded almost digital-6/10
Engl Savage- better sounding than the revv but too compressed and generic sounding- 7/10
HK triamp- looks incredible but just didn’t sound good- would be versatile if anything on it sounded good-4/10
Mezzabarba mzero- really good- just not the sound I wanted-9/10
Wizard mcii- incredible- only sold because of the hell razor -10/10
Redseven leviathan- super unique and tight- sold to buy something but will rebuy down the road-9.5/10
Ultra lead- lives up to the hype but dryer than I want most of the time-9.5/10
Hell razor- if you like wizard and heavy this is an end game amp- 10/10
Mi Megalith beta-
Crazy versatile, best lows out of any amp I’ve owned- 10/10
Pandora- super versatile, but doesn’t quite get as heavy as I want-9/10
Uber ultra- just as versatile as pandora but gets heavier and tighter, and has a better crunch and clean channel- kt88 might be why the clean is better-10/10

Revv- compressed and nothing unique sounding, but super versatile and tight-7/10
Dual dark- I could see why people like it and super unique but not my thing at all- sounded almost digital-6/10
Engl Savage- better sounding than the revv but too compressed and generic sounding- 7/10
HK triamp- looks incredible but just didn’t sound good- would be versatile if anything on it sounded good-4/10
Redseven leviathan- super unique and tight- sold to buy something but will rebuy down the road-9.5/10
Mi Megalith beta-
Uber ultra- just as versatile as pandora but gets heavier and tighter, and has a better crunch and clean channel- kt88 might be why the clean is better-10/10
I’ve tried all those amps too (sold my Mzero & Ultra Lead, still have my Beta) except for a Redseven, Hell Razor, Pandora and Uber Ultra (have one on order though) and would agree with all those descriptions and relative rankings, although I’d probably give all of those amps maybe 1-2 points lower score out of 10, but on a relative scale same differences

I’d love to try a Hell Razor. The MTL and MC I had were great amps, just too hollow, lacking growl in the midrange for my taste. So far of the 100+ amps I’ve owned and many more I’ve tried, my favorites for metal (leaning more modern) have been my Rev C Rectifier, Mark IIC+, Hermansson’s, the Dino I tried and my 1st version Uberschall (curious how the Ultra will compare) and then I’d probably have my Beta and Wizards one notch below, but of course it all depends what kind of sound one wants. Nothing has the crazy sublows of the beta lol. It literally makes me feel like it might break my floors and fall to the 1st floor lol

I thought you kept the mzero and sold the trinity...
Nope, other way around. The Trinity is just a 3 channel midi controllable version of the MZERO OD. Once I realized the only differences I was hearing when comparing the two came from the power tubes (EL34B vs 6L6) I decided to sell one to fund other things. I had no gripes at all with the MZERO, in fact, it's one of my favorite amps I've ever played.

How is the mzero Steckel different from the mzero? I'm interested in what I'm hearing from the mzero but it's not available anywhere, there is an mzero Steckel for sale near me.

I mostly play metal and some fusion
If I remember correctly, the Steckel just has more gain and more low end. Pierangelo said Steckel would max the gain out on the normal MZero OD (which is nuts) so he wanted more. I don't believe the voicing was tweaked at all. Also, obviously the blue snakeskin tolex.

If you're cool with the blue snakeskin and want to try an MZero OD, no reason not to grab the Steckel.

Mi Megalith beta-
killer breakdown of thsoe amps

Im really curious what you think of the Grano, thats the only amp i have and im looking to add something that will compliment it, but also be different enough.

The leviathan is super interesting to me but i cant seem to find it anywhere, the mzero again sounds incredible to me. I am on the list for a pandora but that oculd be a year out. Never heard of MI megalith, are thye still making those.

I wish i could try a wizard!!!

I’ve tried all those amps too (sold my Mzero & Ultra Lead, still have my Beta) except for a Redseven, Hell Razor, Pandora and Uber Ultra (have one on order though) and would agree with all those descriptions and relative rankings, although I’d probably give all of those amps maybe 1-2 points lower score out of 10, but on a relative scale same differences

I’d love to try a Hell Razor. The MTL and MC I had were great amps, just too hollow, lacking growl in the midrange for my taste. So far of the 100+ amps I’ve owned and many more I’ve tried, my favorites for metal (leaning more modern) have been my Rev C Rectifier, Mark IIC+, Hermansson’s, the Dino I tried and my 1st version Uberschall (curious how the Ultra will compare) and then I’d probably have my Beta and Wizards one notch below, but of course it all depends what kind of sound one wants. Nothing has the crazy sublows of the beta lol. It literally makes me feel like it might break my floors and fall to the 1st floor lol
have u tried the JP2c, how does it compare to the mark 2c+?

If I remember correctly, the Steckel just has more gain and more low end. Pierangelo said Steckel would max the gain out on the normal MZero OD (which is nuts) so he wanted more. I don't believe the voicing was tweaked at all. Also, obviously the blue snakeskin tolex.

If you're cool with the blue snakeskin and want to try an MZero OD, no reason not to grab the Steckel.
thanks thats really helpful , i dont think i need that much gain but its good ot have it on tap, i dig the aesthetics

have u tried the JP2c, how does it compare to the mark 2c+?
Yes, I've AB'ed them. They compared the same way "from concentrate" oj compares to the fresh squeezed version. I tried a Mark VII recently and seemed better than I recall the JP2C, but again very uninspiring to play through with my IIC+ next to it

Yes, I've AB'ed them. They compared the same way "from concentrate" oj compares to the fresh squeezed version. I tried a Mark VII recently and seemed better than I recall the JP2C, but again very uninspiring to play through with my IIC+ next to it
That does seem to be the consensus, which amp would you say comes closest to the original mark 2c+. I love the tones I hear in demos but they are outrageous priced right now in the used market

That does seem to be the consensus, which amp would you say comes closest to the original mark 2c+. I love the tones I hear in demos but they are outrageous priced right now in the used market
I'd say a mark III no stripe or black stripe with the ++ mod added. After that a stock mark iii or IV IME

I'm guessing some random beef between em, but Yea that's weird. Wonder if it's cos they are both from Italy

Na, Mezzabarba is from Lazio and RedS from Veneto, it's like a spanish guy holding a grudge against a swedish. Worlds apart.

Mi Megalith beta-
How's the uber ultra compared to MI Megalith?? Are they similar??

@fullthrottlesolo @braintheory have y'all tried a w800, the clips sound great. Im contemplating between the wildly different w800, the mzero, redseven leviathan and oddly enough the badcat lynx(just cos of the recent hype) to complement my omega grano. Will be running at home, so its mostly low volume. Thoughts?

@fullthrottlesolo @braintheory have y'all tried a w800, the clips sound great. Im contemplating between the wildly different w800, the mzero, redseven leviathan and oddly enough the badcat lynx(just cos of the recent hype) to complement my omega grano. Will be running at home, so its mostly low volume. Thoughts?
Haven’t tried a w800, but have owned a MTL and MC. Great amps. Very punchy, defined, clear and open, but their Achilles heel for me (some don’t seem to mind) is their lack of growl in the mids and I’d say overall tone in the midrange that I find to be hollow and not as interesting as say a good Marshall. I found they needed to be loud to really do their thing well. I liked the Wizards more than the Mzero I had. I haven’t tried a redseven

killer breakdown of thsoe amps

Im really curious what you think of the Grano, thats the only amp i have and im looking to add something that will compliment it, but also be different enough.

The leviathan is super interesting to me but i cant seem to find it anywhere, the mzero again sounds incredible to me. I am on the list for a pandora but that oculd be a year out. Never heard of MI megalith, are thye still making those.

I wish i could try a wizard!!!
i can source a leviathan for you easily- dm if you are serious

also havent played a grano yet but hopefully mine is done soon

and Megalith Beta was made by MI who dont make them anymore- if you are ever near nj feel free to come try them lol

@mhenson42 is the guy to ask about anything wizard, but no i havent gotten a w800- probably not the intended target

Back