Line 6 HX Effects Instant Switches

NoodlerKS

Does anyone here know how the instant switches actually work on the HX effects? The manual is not very helpful and I've reached out to Line 6 for the 3rd time with no response. Here is what I'm trying to do accomplish:

I have a amp channel switcher that responds to midi (it's the Disaster Area Smartswitch). I want each preset or snapshot to send either a CC or PC midi message to the amp switcher depend on if I want that preset/snapshot clean or distorted. I know the HX effects has the capability of doing channel switching but I don't like the fact that it takes up a foot switch on the unit and I would like to reserve them for other effects. I believe there is a way around that using instant switches and snapshots but to be honest there may be times that I want to improvise and be in the exact settings that I am on with the HX effects but just change my amp channel via the switch on the smartswitch.

Any advice regarding instant switches would be appreciated.

You can assign the change to be built into the snapshot and not take up a space, that's what I do with my Carol Ann Triptik. Works like a charm. It's in the command menu somewhere, I set it up about a year ago so i'm slightly fuzzy on what i did but it did work. On the Gear Page the guys from Line6 post all the time and there is about a 20 page thread dedicated to stuff like this, was very helpful to me when I first got it.

Back