Line level effects problem thru the effects loop (rocktron)

donting101

hi, n00b here..

I am getting a weird drop and rise in volume every few seconds when running the replifex through the switchable effects loop on my herbert. its not the replifex as I was using it the other day with my old recto no problems, and its not the cables as I was running my pod through the loop today just for some reverb and delay on the cleans and no dips/rises in volume - basically I’m sure I’ve set something up on the replifex which was appropriate for my other rig configuration but not for the herbert. what am i doing wrong as i've tried everything i can think of. i seem to be doing everything right but something must be wrong to keep having the drop in volume come and go!

any tips? thanks

I have had that before on my G-major.. when the input level wasnt set high enough and i think the Gmajor was set to receive line level and the amps loop was only sending out instrument level.

Does the switchable loop have a volume knob to control the amount of signal entering your tone from the loop? If so, make sure it's set to 100% wet.

I have had that before on my G-major.. when the input level wasn’t set high enough and I think the Gmajor was set to receive line level and the amps loop was only sending out instrument level.
I know the words and what they mean, but in the context you wrote that sentence makes no sense to me. Break it down to a noob; be as patronizing as you want as I want to get this working. You are my only hope as you’ve had the same problem but now you fixed it. Thanks

Does the switchable loop have a volume knob to control the amount of signal entering your tone from the loop? If so, make sure it's set to 100% wet.
the switchable effects loop is series.

donting101":3rqqv9i7 said:
I know the words and what they mean, but in the context you wrote that sentence makes no sense to me. Break it down to a noob; be as patronizing as you want as I want to get this working. You are my only hope as you’ve had the same problem but now you fixed it. Thanks

No problem, i was tired when writing that :D

Basically the amps FX Loop had a level control that allowed it to be set to line level (high) or instrument level (low). It was set to instrument level (low) so it means the send of the loop was sending out lower level signal.

The G-major was set to recieve Line level (high), so unless it recieves that high level.. it wasnt working correctly (intermittently like yours). I set the FX loop to Line level (high) and it fixed the problem, (by sending out the correct level that the gmajor was expecting to receive). Obviously i had to tweak the input dial on the G-major to get it perfect...

that was a beautiful reply thank you so much. i'll have a crack at it tomorrow, as its almost 11pm here which is a bit too late for putting the 180w diezel on :p

thanks again and i'll update tomorrow to see what i can do (although i'm 99% sure there is nothing on the herberts loop that can be changed)

donting101":x99korsc said:
that was a beautiful reply thank you so much. i'll have a crack at it tomorrow, as its almost 11pm here which is a bit too late for putting the 180w diezel on :p

thanks again and i'll update tomorrow to see what i can do (although i'm 99% sure there is nothing on the herberts loop that can be changed)

No problem, hope it helps!

If the loop doesnt have a level switch, then change the level setting on the FX unit. There should be a +4/-10 setting somewhere in the FX unit, the +4 is line level and -10 is instrument level. Try both and see if it cures the problem :thumbsup:

SgtThump":3temle2b said:
I think you guys are onto something for sure! It's probably the noise reduction in the Rocktron unit that's making the volume flucuate from the incoming signal being too weak!

Thats most likely what it is!!! I just remembered i also had to turn off the noise gate in the intellifex when i was having the problem!

Good thinkin Chris! :thumbsup:

Back