LWA Darkest Cowboy Excessive Noise

Wigz81

Recently picked up a used Lone Wolf Audio Darkest Cowboy LHP to try to get that Gatecreeper tone. Using Eric’s settings that i got from his Death Metal Rigs interview i just get excessive noise and can barely hear that sweet chainsaw tone im trying to go for. Not sure if i have a defective pedal or if its a minor fix. I have a Plague Bearer that sounds super clean. Im running this into a Synergy SYN-1 with the Engl Powerball module. Ive tried swapping cables to rule it out. For power its running from a Pedal Power 3 Plus 9v 500mA input. Its driving me nuts. Tried using a noise gate with it but there was little to no change. Dialing back the HF gets rid of the noise but just sounds like a regular distortion pedal at that point.

Recently picked up a used Lone Wolf Audio Darkest Cowboy LHP to try to get that Gatecreeper tone. Using Eric’s settings that i got from his Death Metal Rigs interview i just get excessive noise and can barely hear that sweet chainsaw tone im trying to go for. Not sure if i have a defective pedal or if its a minor fix. I have a Plague Bearer that sounds super clean. Im running this into a Synergy SYN-1 with the Engl Powerball module. Ive tried swapping cables to rule it out. For power its running from a Pedal Power 3 Plus 9v 500mA input. Its driving me nuts. Tried using a noise gate with it but there was little to no change. Dialing back the HF gets rid of the noise but just sounds like a regular distortion pedal at that point.

I would Facebook message Joe about it, if you arent a dick he will help you out.

If you are a dick, he will be a dick right back though lol 😂

Wrote him on FB and he was super helpful. Let me know how Eric runs his setup and how he himself sets it for Engl amps. The trick is two noise gates apparently.

Back