Marsha/ friedman amp name change?

boardwlk17

dave , i seen an ad i a guitar mag for your amps it had a naked head and a friedman nameplate head
did the marsha name change to freadman
thanks

RACKSYSTEMS":vm9m2u6a said:
Yes it had to Marshall sent a cease and desist order to us. From now on it will be Friedman Brown Eye.

Like there is any similarity in the Marsha and anything that Marshall makes :confused:

Steve

They should be happy with the name Marsha on your amps. Someone might mistake it for a Marshall and think they still make a good product! :D

Wow, interesting. It did seem pretty close to a "Marshall" as far as the name went. But tone-wise, you should send Marshall a cease and desist!

I do not see how they could tell you that you can not use a woman's name ?

To be honest this is the first time I thought about it being similar to that other name. I though it might have something to do with Maureen McCormick ?

Then let me start the official internet rumor that the pre-name change amps sound far superior to the post-name change amps...hot damn, my Marsha just quadrupled in value! :D

stephen sawall":1trj62hm said:
I do not see how they could tell you that you can not use a woman's name ?

To be honest this is the first time I thought about it being similar to that other name. I though it might have something to do with Maureen McCormick ?

Not that I know why Dave chose the name, but I have seen many a Marshall with the two L's missing because they broke off!

The PR Department back at RSL/TM may have to use a different strategy marketing Dave's amps now that Marshall threw a hissy fit. To advertise that I played "Friedman's Naked and Brown Eye" may attract the wrong consumer group. :confused: Just don't use the Rainbow logo or speak to loudly of the "Pride" in your product :D

Steve

steve_k":1x8pjax5 said:
The PR Department back at RSL/TM may have to use a different strategy marketing Dave's amps now that Marshall threw a hissy fit. To advertise that I played "Friedman's Naked and Brown Eye" may attract the wrong consumer group. :confused: Just don't use the Rainbow logo or speak to loudly of the "Pride" in your product :D

Steve
:LOL: :LOL:

jski59":vj1u8s0x said:
Then let me start the official internet rumor that the pre-name change amps sound far superior to the post-name change amps...hot damn, my Marsha just quadrupled in value! :D

ive been telling guys that the original Marsha logo adds more gain and a smoother top end than the new Friedman logo. A couple of guys actually believed me :rock:

Tone Merchant":2wbjkolr said:
jski59":2wbjkolr said:

ive been telling guys that the original Marsha logo adds more gain and a smoother top end than the new Friedman logo. A couple of guys actually believed me :rock:

LOL!! Classic! :thumbsup:

Tone Merchant":1pm94tsj said:
jski59":1pm94tsj said:

Oh thank God I got mine when I did then! ;)

Tone Merchant":3p87y8u0 said:
jski59":3p87y8u0 said:

:hys: :hys: :hys:

RACKSYSTEMS":2a93qx34 said:
Yes it had to Marshall sent a cease and desist order to us. From now on it will be Friedman Brown Eye.

You mean to tell me they can actually do that? WTF? How freakin retarded can they be. I know what I would of told them... but thats just me! LOL They can actually legally do something about that?

I can see why Dave would not want to waste time and money chasing this thing. Besides the new name is cooler. This well be great folk lore in 20 years.

You would think Marshall would wanna keep it the way it was,maybe they'll learn how to build an amp again. Though I must say I like "Friedman" better.

Back