MARSHALL '70 SUPER LEAD MODS???

tubebury51

Hi Dave:

You modded my '77 Marshall JMP two-vertical input 100 watter this past spring with the "KS" mod and it's become my go-to amplifier! I have a chance to snag a 1969/70 Super Bass (XXXX"A" ser #) four-holer, non-master volume head that's been un-modded and is in stock condition. Is this anything you can work-up with or should I just stick to the "KS" modded JMP??

Thanks!

Brian

RACKSYSTEMS":2yv5x59j said:
That would be the best year to do other then modding a plexi.
Cool! I ain't spending that much just to get a "plexi"... Since I have the JMP with the "KS" mods, what would you suggest for something different, but that still sounds like a 'Marshall'? I don't want to turn it into a VHT/Bogner/Engle, etc... What else do you have up your sleeve?
Brian

ericsabbath":2vt96zrz said:
is the naked mod still available?
Gotta luv that photo of "KS" LOL! I love that guy! "Put down your Marshall!" :gethim: :LOL: :LOL:

BTW, are there any "Naked" mod clip on-line?

fickle":1thpuegs said:
Yes I could snag a 1972 100w super bass right now too.. I was kinda wondering the same !
Where did you see that? Is it in good condition and un-modded?? That's a nice amp !!

A guy is selling it locally here in NY.. I guess it has a master vol mod, and caps replaced. If that is all Im going to try to get it in a trade for an Uberschall. I would love to have a naked mod to go along w/ my Marsha :yes:

fickle":eu2500vu said:
Yes I could snag a 1972 100w super bass right now too.. I was kinda wondering the same !
Shit, some fag snagged the '70 Super Lead I was eyeing.... I shoulda snagged it Sunday when I saw it! :doh:

Does anyone know who did snag it? :uzi:

Back