Marshall JMP-1 mains voltage

nmarevic

I've borrowed my JMP-1 to my friend and he was so impressed with it that he also wants one. I've seen that there is one Voodoo modded on classifieds forum so I'm interested if there is possibility if I get that one to mod it for 230V? I've also disassembled mine JMP-1 and I've found on PCB text that says:"115v = LK1,LK3, and 230v = LK2" and it also says: "230V = T80mA, 115V = T160mA" for fuses. If I just desolder LK1 and LK3 connections and solder only LK2 connection and replace fuse with correct value, would it run on 230V without any problems?

nmarevic":q6ikjta9 said:
I've borrowed my JMP-1 to my friend and he was so impressed with it that he also wants one. I've seen that there is one Voodoo modded on classifieds forum so I'm interested if there is possibility if I get that one to mod it for 230V? I've also disassembled mine JMP-1 and I've found on PCB text that says:"115v = LK1,LK3, and 230v = LK2" and it also says: "230V = T80mA, 115V = T160mA" for fuses. If I just desolder LK1 and LK3 connections and solder only LK2 connection and replace fuse with correct value, would it run on 230V without any problems?

Hello and my apologies for not replying sooner as we have been in vacation. I am not at the shop right now but yes there are links that allows you to convert the preamp from one voltage to the other. Regarding the fuse - yes you will also have to change the mains fuse to the proper value.

All the best
Trace

Back