Marshall JVM users, delay in the loop suggestions?

Michi

Hello one and all!

I am looking for a good delay pedal to use in my JVM's loop. I would basically leave it on with one good setting for leads and toggle the fx loop on and off when needed. I tried an old Ibanez DL5 last night in the loop and at least that pedal was a big letdown, sounded pretty awful no matter how the wet/dry or the pedal itself was set.

Any suggestions and/or experiences?

Flashback is definitely a good choice as it has the whole Analog/Digital option thing going on.

In my opinion, digital delays are best suited for rhythmical playing, whereas analog delays are better for leads. I run an MXR carbon copy in the loop in parallel & I run a Boss DD5 out front sometimes if I want to sound like certain pretentiously-named Irish rock guitarists.

The carbon copy is a great pedal. I can't see myself swapping it out any time soon.

Another vote for the flashback. I have the 4X version. Sounds good, very transparent and doesn't make your tone suffer.

Thx guys for the suggestions so far! The Flashback's been on my list to try out for sure. Then there's the (good ole) Boss DD-3, and the Digitech DigiDelay or DL-8.

The problemo (once again) is that I live in a very small town and the nearest city with a music store with a decent selection of pedals is roughly 100 miles from me. Driving there with my JVM is unfortunately an option, so I'm trying to make my mind up with clips, specs and user experience :D.

Back