marshall jvm worth

Hollywood

how much are the 4 channel JVM Marshall heads worth new and used ? :confused:
What are the pros and cons of these heads ? I have zero experience with them.
Gainfreak has a mod for them I assume ?
If so then there must be something to improve on them ?
Also are the 2 channel JVM's better and why ?

It's a JVM week. I've seen the 210H used for as low at $900.

Dancing_Banana.gif

I haven't played a 210, I really like the 410. It's one of the most versital amps I've played. None of the channels really "blew me away" but they were all impressive and usable.

I've seen prices pretty damn low lately. Around $1100 give or take $100. An absolutely amazing deal in my opinion.

I really liked the 2 channel 50 watt head I just tried, I was pretty darn impressed and that hasn't happened with amps in a long while. can't say if it is better then the big bro, but I loved it, and walked away more impressed then when I initially tried the big bro, could of been the cab

thanks for the input guys. I have a guy that wants to trade me a 4 channel JVM for my Uberschall that is for sale or trade. He sent a message that the 4 channels are going for $1800.00 used. But you guys are telling me different.
I am not interested in giving the Uber away, so keeping in mind Bogners have tough resale value in any economy, I can just keep it and or wait it out.
I would like to get the 2 channel 100 watt head modded from Ralph and Mike though.

Hollywood":3ubqnm6m said:
thanks for the input guys. I have a guy that wants to trade me a 4 channel JVM for my Uberschall that is for sale or trade. He sent a message that the 4 channels are going for $1800.00 used. But you guys are telling me different.
I am not interested in giving the Uber away, so keeping in mind Bogners have tough resale value in any economy, I can just keep it and or wait it out.
I would like to get the 2 channel 100 watt head modded from Ralph and Mike though.

1800 seems pretty high, I would expect to see the 4 channel ones around 1200-1400 in this market

Hollywood":2rzk6oyv said:

You want me to be honest? OK, that guy is full of fucking shit. :LOL: :LOL: There you go.

They sell on Ebay for $1300 TOPS. One went as low as $600 because it was missing a knob.

danyeo":2h27nz8z said:
Hollywood":2h27nz8z said:

You want me to be honest? OK, that guy is full of fucking shit.... One went as low as $600 because it was missing a knob.

That was a couple of days ago. I just missed it. Dammit.

Digital Jams":184v2pas said:
Use Gainfreak's Mobsquad email in his sig and ask about the modded JVMs, see what times he has and price.

I can't say enough about Ralph or the Fortin JVM.
:rock:

Hollywood":r7e86ilj said:
how much are the 4 channel JVM Marshall heads worth new and used ? :confused:
What are the pros and cons of these heads ? I have zero experience with them.
Gainfreak has a mod for them I assume ?
If so then there must be something to improve on them ?
Also are the 2 channel JVM's better and why ?
Sup!!
Like Danny and other here have said, they can be had pretty cheap used. I bought one a while back for $1400 and they have come down a lot more since then. Ive seen them go as low a $1000 and no way are they $1800 used!

I like the JVM410 but for some reason Im really loving the JVM210H. Either way I think that they are great amps.

Having said that I think they are amazing amps stock or modded.
I currently have a stock JVM210h and modded one side by side in my room and I can tell you exactly what the differences are between the 2. The stock amp is darker and the tone controls have a different taper. The Mod that Mike does revoices the whole preamp section, brightens up the amp, adds gain to all of the channels, makes all of the tone controls,presence control and resonance controls more active.
To sum it up it's a different flavor of a great amp.
The only negative I will say and just to keep it honest, some of the parts are still a bit flimsy feeling(others have said this before) and it's purely nitpicking on my part. it doesn't hinder the amp but sometimes the buttons stick and the i/p to the amp can come loose but that has happened to me on other amps and it's Nothing that you cant fix by screwing it in hahaha all IMHO :rock: :rock:

Back