Mayones Guitars...

do they make these with a Floyd Rose ? dumb question I know, just haven't really done much research on them

FourT6and2":x6ucr4sr said:
MYLILSS":x6ucr4sr said:
do they make these with a Floyd Rose ? dumb question I know, just haven't really done much research on them

I don't believe so

You always seem to get the best Duvells man. Consistently jealous of your guitars. :rock:

thegame":3yx32164 said:
engage757":3yx32164 said:
I have played a metric shit ton of Regiuses. You might not hear it mate, but yeah, they all are. 11-piece neck-thru with tons of glue holding everything together. Swap out your pickups and watch what happens. I know a ton of players that know it too, not even a question. Still a great guitar, but exceptionally pickup-tone dependent, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Still in my top 20 or so guitar models ever in fact. If you want to know what a pickup sounds like, stick it in an Aristides or a Regius. Every time. :)

I think its guitars built like that where the misconception that wood doesn't make a difference in tone comes from.

Agreed.

MYLILSS":11cv8d97 said:

Setius, Regius and Legend. Never seen one on a Duvell or Hydra though. I would guess no, because they are pretty thin guitars, but I could be wrong.

I was over the moon with my Regius when I got it. The whole fit and finish of their guitars is amazing. My honeymoon with it came to an end though for similar reasons to Engage's experience. My Regius lacked dynamics and had this bright thing going on that was difficult to dial out, even with the set of juggernauts.
The Regius looks better than it sounds & plays. That whole 11 ply though neck design makes for a really stable guitar, but i'm not sure what it offers tonally. I'd be keen to play their bolt on models.

FourT6and2":1zat3zsl said:
I've not played any other Mayones. But the Duvells I've owned (and still own) sound fantastic. Hard to put it into words. But I got rid of my PRS and Les Pauls pretty much instantly once I got my first Duvell.

Of my three, this one is my go-to, though:

aimg_5624_by_haftelm-db7fykf.jpg

aimg_5622_by_haftelm-db7fydd.jpg

aimg_5623_by_haftelm-db7fydo.jpg

However the body on my Koa Limited is UNREAL. I've thought about ordering a custom shop with a black limba body like this one and a ziricote top. Maybe one day.

limited4_by_haftelm-da1mfp6.jpg

Damn those are sexy!
I’ve been eyeing a new lefty 2017 duvelle elite.
You guys are making me wanna take the plunge on it. It’s got BKP jugg’s stock.
I understand what all you guys are saying with sterile. But that’s the nature of the high ply neck thrus. It’s gonna be a stiffer tone, but I like that and think it’s great for bigger sounding amps. IMO.
If you normally play a les Paul or Strat or Tele, then hell yeah the regius is gonna sound polar opposite, and not what most are used to. These are contemporary designs lending different tones than traditional methods of building

I don't like Bareknuckle pickups in a Mayones for the reasons y'all have mentioned. BKPs are, by nature, rather sterile. Ok, maybe sterile isn't the right word. But they have clarity and a certain fidelity. When paired with a Mayones, it can be too much. I really like Seymour Duncan pickups (the Nazgul and Omega are my two favs). They smear the sound just enough to give my Duvells character. I'm sure a JB, Distortion, Black Winter, or any number of other pickups would sound great in these guitars. Oh, I actually put a Suhr Aldrich in my Koa Limited and it sounds fantastic too. BKP... not so much.

FourT6and2":3ty2seok said:
I don't like Bareknuckle pickups in a Mayones for the reasons y'all have mentioned. BKPs are, by nature, rather sterile. Ok, maybe sterile isn't the right word. But they have clarity and a certain fidelity. When paired with a Mayones, it can be too much. I really like Seymour Duncan pickups (the Nazgul and Omega are my two favs). They smear the sound just enough to give my Duvells character. I'm sure a JB, Distortion, Black Winter, or any number of other pickups would sound great in these guitars. Oh, I actually put a Suhr Aldrich in my Koa Limited and it sounds fantastic too. BKP... not so much.

I was thinking about swapping the Nazgul for a BK painkiller, but I grew to love the Nazgul. My other Duvall has an EMG Het set in it and I wasn’t sure I’d like those either since I’ve never been a big EMG fan, but they work well too. I have an Aldrich in a LP custom that’s a great pick up too

I have a Duvell 7 Standard. It has BKP Ceramic Nailbombs. Although I like the clarity and the note separation, I have to say that sound lacks power and thickness and it is too bright with more presence than any of my other guitars. Which pickup would bring more low mids, tame the brightness yet stayed tight? Bringing bass up did not sort it. I play an ENGL Savage SE through a Rivera 4x12 with V30's.

Build quality is top notch.

I'd start by getting your C-Bomb as close to the strings as you can. BKPs are very sensitive to height adjustments. Also, if you're using 500k pots, you could try a 250k. That will tame some of the high end. As for a different pickup, the first thing that comes to mind is a BKP C-Pig, a Duncan Distortion or Custom, or something along those lines. Take that FWIW (not much) because I don't have either a Mayones or a Savage. I'm sure someone who does will have better suggestions.

sinnersmoon":h61i8t5t said:
I have a Duvell 7 Standard. It has BKP Ceramic Nailbombs. Although I like the clarity and the note separation, I have to say that sound lacks power and thickness and it is too bright with more presence than any of my other guitars. Which pickup would bring more low mids, tame the brightness yet stayed tight? Bringing bass up did not sort it. I play an ENGL Savage SE through a Rivera 4x12 with V30's.

Build quality is top notch.

Did you try the stock Nazgul in that guitar? It's a great pickup. Although I think the Nazgul might have more upper-mids than a Nailbomb. Other than that... maybe a Black Winter.

FourT6and2":7432xav5 said:

I'd say if you have to buy a lower fidelity pickup to give the guitar the character it doesn't otherwise have, then that's quite a revealing fault of the guitar.
Totally understand your point of course, but I don't think that's a great advert for these guitars. BKs are the preferred choice of pickup loaded into these guitars from the factory so unless that's merely a sales/marketing partnership between the two companies, then it is how Mayones intended their guitars to sound.
I'd say their guitars are likely aimed at certain genres of music where dynamics are less of a priority. That should be taken into account if someone is potentially going to buy one and wants to play anything other than compressed, homogenized, high gain metal on it.

JimmyBlind":2xwe25e2 said:
FourT6and2":2xwe25e2 said:

I'd say if you have to buy a lower fidelity pickup to give the guitar the character it doesn't otherwise have, then that's quite a revealing fault of the guitar.
Totally understand your point of course, but I don't think that's a great advert for these guitars. BKs are the preferred choice of pickup loaded into these guitars from the factory so unless that's merely a sales/marketing partnership between the two companies, then it is how Mayones intended their guitars to sound.
I'd say their guitars are likely aimed at certain genres of music where dynamics are less of a priority. That should be taken into account if someone is potentially going to buy one and wants to play anything other than compressed, homogenized, high gain metal on it.

The Duvell comes stock with SD Nazgul/Sentient. The last statement you made is silly...I'll just leave it at that.

mhenson42":3dbcleth said:
JimmyBlind":3dbcleth said:
FourT6and2":3dbcleth said:

The Duvell comes stock with SD Nazgul/Sentient. The last statement you made is silly...I'll just leave it at that.

Read back through the thread. This has been mainly about issues with the Regius model.
I owned a Regius & talk from experience. It came stock with BKs.

JimmyBlind":1jaleauj said:
mhenson42":1jaleauj said:
JimmyBlind":1jaleauj said:
FourT6and2":1jaleauj said:

Read back through the thread. This has been mainly about issues with the Regius model.
I owned a Regius & talk from experience. It came stock with BKs.

:thumbsup: since you were replying to 46&2, I assumed you were referring to Duvells since that's what he has and was talking about. I can't speak about the regius since I've never played one - though a friend had one (a NAMM display one at that) and said it was one of the worst guitars he ever had. It's what scared me off buying a Duvell for a long time, but I took the plunge and loved it.

I may get another Mayones in the future if I find a good enough used deal. It’s been a while since I’ve last tried a Duvell or Setius. For those who’ve played both, can the Duvell or Setius match the tightness of a regius? The tightness is my favorite thing about it. I understand that it is in some ways sterile, but maybe that’s part of the trade off for such surgical tightness and focus that I’m hearing in my Regius

Back