MC II + SD-1 = Crazy good

lessarti

So I have had my MC II for about 4 years now approx, and I have to admit I normally play straight in. I decided to give it a go and truly unbiased expectations give some good experimentation. I found level at 3' o clock to full on, 0 dist, tone at 11 o clock was great. It tightened the low end slightly enough to make it similar to the mtl as far as a little bit of compression.

VERY impressed with the results, I even decided to see how the lead channel sounded without lead boost engaged but sd1 ON. Great high gain rhythm sound, then engage lead boost on the amp with sd 1 on for lead sound. It really puts the MC II into the MTL territory as far as compression tight tracking vs dynamic tight tracking.

In conclusion, I took my monkey mind out of the equation, as I always try to say the amps own sound is good enough without boosts, and just engaged myself in pure exploring of sounds looking for something that was nice and not overbearing. Great amp and takes boosts extremely well.

Got any clips?
I made an audio clip using my usual motiv88 shure condenser mic that i use on my youtube channel vid / clips. I will have to look into making a vid clip and just make titles so you know when it is rhythm or lead channel. It would prob be like SD 1 on at all times but alternate rhythm and lead channels... in fact, you prob would notice when lead channel kicks in because it is a volume increase.

Alright so I decided to do it up and create the video so you can hear the audio and differences. Pretty cool experiment, I still prefer the amp lead channel boost by itself for rhythm, but having SD-1 on for a bit more grease for leads is definitely a win.

Looking forward to trying this out as well. I've got an SD-1 Waza for boosting a Mesa Single Rec...a classic combo in my opinion.

I'll report back when I get my hands on the MC2.

Back