Megadeth's Wall of Marshalls

That's funny. :LOL: :LOL:
What's Dave playing through these days? I saw that he had a custom Line 6 amp, a GSP1101 powered with a Marshall power amp, a Rocktron Prophesy, and a TSL in his rig.

Broderick has been using Axe Fx for a couple years now and Dave has as well, but keeps it on the down low due to endorsements etc....

Might go see them as they r coming here soon. Heard they are playing the entire countdown album which was my fav record by them. Anyone see them recently?

BYTOR":367btm6l said:
Broderick has been using Axe Fx for a couple years now and Dave has as well, but keeps it on the down low due to endorsements etc....
This is a fkn epidemic :no:

D-Rock":2ee11ie2 said:
Last I saw Broderick had ENGL PB's on stage. Like that matters though.

That is just used as a poweramp for the Axe Fx,the amp tones & effects you hear are all Axe.

Ventura":26p18bww said:
BYTOR":26p18bww said:
This is a fkn epidemic :no:

LOL!

Simplicity & technology always win out in the end.

rocknrolla":1a1qdcld said:
What's Dave playing through these days? I saw that he had a custom Line 6 amp, a GSP1101 powered with a Marshall power amp, a Rocktron Prophesy, and a TSL in his rig.

That was like at least 7 years ago now.

Quick review of the Niagara Falls show:

Great performance overall though the mix was a little loud/muddy and the guitars were lost a little in the mix. Daves tone was his typical thin lead sound with a little chorus. For stuff like symphony of destruction you could make out his rhythm guitar really well but for more intricate passages the notes all blended together. I would more blame this on acoustics and not being properly mixed (or just a bad spot where I was: floor center about 25 feet back). His vocals seemed pretty good for the most part but again, the overall mix wasn't great so it was hard even picking up what words he was singing.

Broderick's tone was far superior and his leads cut through the mix very very well with good clarity and definition. His performance was love/hate in that his tone and playing were killer and hated the fact he wasn't even looking at what he was playing. I understand guys doing that for pentatonic stuff but Hanger 18 and Holy Wars or most anything from Marty isn't run of the mill. Great job Chris!

Dave did get a little political in between some of the songs but most of the time it was short and directly related to the song he was about to play. There was one part where he went on about some comment Ted Turner made about troops committing suicide. Most of this was expected as Dave is.... well... Dave.

All in all, if you're a fan of Megadeth and enjoy the Countdown album plus songs like Trust, Hanger 18, Holy Wars, and Peace Sells then by all means check them out. Especially if you're a fan of the countdown album. There are songs on there I've always wanted to hear live. Now I just wish I'd have seen them on the Rust in Peace anniversary tour.

Wall of Marshalls last night in Stroudsburg Pa.

8204065948_f019275547_b.jpg

Sound was great I could hear every note. Couldn't tell what they were using.

Metlupass2":3cn87us5 said:
rocknrolla":3cn87us5 said:

That was like at least 7 years ago now.
No shit, Sherlock! That's why I asked if any one knew what he was playing these days.

BrokenFusion":95dz8slj said:
Sound was great I could hear every note. Couldn't tell what they were using.

They are both using the Axe-Fx II

They put up the fake wall of Marshalls because they don't want to lose their "Man Card"

I think it's time many of these bands just fess up & come out of the "digital closet". I think their fans can handle it :yes:

abrackas":3ms714x8 said:
Quick review of the Niagara Falls show:

Great performance overall though the mix was a little loud/muddy and the guitars were lost a little in the mix. Daves tone was his typical thin lead sound with a little chorus. For stuff like symphony of destruction you could make out his rhythm guitar really well but for more intricate passages the notes all blended together. I would more blame this on acoustics and not being properly mixed (or just a bad spot where I was: floor center about 25 feet back). His vocals seemed pretty good for the most part but again, the overall mix wasn't great so it was hard even picking up what words he was singing.

Broderick's tone was far superior and his leads cut through the mix very very well with good clarity and definition. His performance was love/hate in that his tone and playing were killer and hated the fact he wasn't even looking at what he was playing. I understand guys doing that for pentatonic stuff but Hanger 18 and Holy Wars or most anything from Marty isn't run of the mill. Great job Chris!

Dave did get a little political in between some of the songs but most of the time it was short and directly related to the song he was about to play. There was one part where he went on about some comment Ted Turner made about troops committing suicide. Most of this was expected as Dave is.... well... Dave.

All in all, if you're a fan of Megadeth and enjoy the Countdown album plus songs like Trust, Hanger 18, Holy Wars, and Peace Sells then by all means check them out. Especially if you're a fan of the countdown album. There are songs on there I've always wanted to hear live. Now I just wish I'd have seen them on the Rust in Peace anniversary tour.

This i saw them in NYC and it was insane how easy he makes everything look LOL, Dudes got monster chops and had a great tone. Was a great night thought overall they sounded great and it was fun to hear all of CTE

Back