Mentoneman

Aloha my brother Sickie!

image.jpg

that pedal does a ton of marshally/bogner tones with all those switches and the gain/boost modes and is relatively quiet. after owning it for a while now i barely scratched the surface. i got it to add a bit of extra front end firepower to the feel and touch sensitivity in the blue stripe. what i didn’t expect was how it took my synergy DS module blue channel and made it a cool SRV thing.

zach used to set his coli III in the rhythm channel with pedals to get really cool marshall / zz top sounds and that seems to be one way to go.

i actually had the pedal off in this clip going after Triumph tones with the blue stripe because it sounded more 70s pre-VH era marshall to me without the pedal on

Awesome bro, It going to be my next pedal. Im thinking of setting up on the Mark Ry2 (totally clean) and then maybe hitting it with something else for more hair. The SRV thing you have going there is spot on.

The Quad does it too on Ch 1 but thats a new level....

Aloha my brother Sickie!

View attachment 257163

that pedal does a ton of marshally/bogner tones with all those switches and the gain/boost modes and is relatively quiet. after owning it for a while now i barely scratched the surface. i got it to add a bit of extra front end firepower to the feel and touch sensitivity in the blue stripe. what i didn’t expect was how it took my synergy DS module blue channel and made it a cool SRV thing.

zach used to set his coli III in the rhythm channel with pedals to get really cool marshall / zz top sounds and that seems to be one way to go.

i actually had the pedal off in this clip going after Triumph tones with the blue stripe because it sounded more 70s pre-VH era marshall to me without the pedal on

are those warehouse speakers clones of the g12-65? I know nothing about warehouse guitar speakers but have heard quite a few guys speak highly of them.

I might have asked this before, but my memory no longer operates as it should, so I shall once again ask, what pickups are in that magical Tyler? Those are great guitars.

Cheers!

Awesome bro, It going to be my next pedal. Im thinking of setting up on the Mark Ry2 (totally clean) and then maybe hitting it with something else for more hair. The SRV thing you have going there is spot on.

what’s weird is i’ve played many a III and this one seems to have a sweeter Rhythm 2 sound that most others i’ve tried and owned

are those warehouse speakers clones of the g12-65? I know nothing about warehouse guitar speakers but have heard quite a few guys speak highly of them.

I might have asked this before, but my memory no longer operates as it should, so I shall once again ask, what pickups are in that magical Tyler? Those are great guitars.

Cheers!
yup
my mahalo 4x12 came loaded with these in an X
https://wgsusa.com/et65
https://wgsusa.com/invader

although it was a surprise because they normally came with veteran 30s

i think they have a really nice clean tone and sound like they may need more break in time on them before they start getting silky.

my tyler has a holmes 450 / 7.8k in the bridge and suhr fletcher landau standards sc’s in neck/middle

one more pedal thing

when the blue/red/black bogner pedals were fairly new and the neve series ones were out i did a shootout with them and narrowed them down between blue and burnley. i chose burnley for a fat lead sound to compliment my carl martin plexitone and/or friedman be-od marshall rhythm crunch sound on my peacemaker pedalboard.

Don’t make me unbox my quad and instead of selling it, spend more money on a blue pedal…lol

Aloha my brother Sickie!

View attachment 257163

Nice, I love it. Thanks for sharing the video too.

Back