Mesa Boogie Fans?

dgaemc2

Hey,
Is there anybody else besides me that enjoys their Mesa Boogie Amps?
I think it would be good to add a Mesa Boogie Subforum to this already great Rig-Talk Forum?
Just a thought.
Brad?

i love mesa amps. i believe they are generally going down hill in quality though. As far as a mesa subforum goes it will never happen. there is the boogie board though. cheers!

I love my Electradyne, but I feel there is no need to open a Boogie one here as there is a well functioning forum for Boogie users already, so why scatter?

This;

I wasn't really into Mesa until I saw this video, and heard what Kyle Rhodes of Rhodes Amplification can do to them. I really dig the sound, and now I want to pick one up to send to Rhodes for an adjustment. He is a really nice person to communicate with. Super busy guy, but he is totally into working in someone who is serious about it. His pricing is very fair for doing modifications as well. I'm definitely sending him a Mesa, as soon as I snag one up.

I had an F-30 combo which was my main amp from 2005 till this year. I sold it a few months ago when I got a Mark III.

Heritage Softail":dh9060t5 said:
That Rhodes Rectumfryer was straight up evil. Thx for the heads up.

The guy is a total bad-ass. If you got a Recto, you should consider his work.

I currently have a Roadster and a Mark IV, love them both. Ive owned both Stilettos and was not impressed. Overall I dont think the direction they are heading in is the right way, but thats just me.

The dual rec is still the industry standard high gain amp though. For the price, you cant beat it IMO.

Man, I cant say enough about that amp in the video Kyle modded for me!!! Super tight, articulate and just gobs of usable gain and tone in that thing, but still retains its character as a 2 channel triple rec should... punishing rhythm tone and fairly decent leads for my taste!!!

Do yourself a favor and save up the cash to send it to him!!! Professional as hell, easy communication, and just an all around knowledgeable and nice guy to deal with!

pfapin05":1gs74wrx said:
Man, I cant say enough about that amp in the video Kyle modded for me!!! Super tight, articulate and just gobs of usable gain and tone in that thing, but still retains its character as a 2 channel triple rec should... punishing rhythm tone and fairly decent leads for my taste!!!

As soon as I have one, its going straight to Rhodes. I already got it lined up, just have to follow up on it. ;)

I'm a fan of Mesa'a amps, my current favs are the Mark III and the 2 ch Triple I have. Since I finally finished reverting it back Revision C specs it's just one hell of a twisted amp. :D :LOL: :LOL:

+1 on the boogie board. :yes:

I've been through most of the mesas. First thing you gotta do with almost all of them, is grab yourself a TS808 or other overdrive. Then it's magical.

Roadster, Tripple rect and a couple other rectifiers, Mark 2c-5, and Lonestar are absolutely amazing. I'd take the DC over the F/Nomads/Stilletto/Heartbreaker in a heartbeat, but it is still not as good as a Mark.

The new Royal Atlantic is excellent. So I dont know why people are saying they don't like the direction they're going in. Check it out. It slays.

My complaint with Mesa over the years has been there's no midi switching. I would pay the extra couple hundred bucks for that ability on the higher end and more versatile amps like the Mark V and the Roadster. And I would love 2 effects loops, one at the input and one between the preamp/power amp.

paintballnsk":2lqzjzi4 said:
I've been through most of the mesas. First thing you gotta do with almost all of them, is grab yourself a TS808 or other overdrive. Then it's magical.

I like the TS808, Maxon OD808, ect. Great for leads, and I do like the way it accelerates the bass response. But the loss of low-end always bothered me.

If I was to use some sort of Overdrive, I would go for this now; http://protonepedals.com/?dt_portfolio=dead-horse-boutique-overdrive-pedal. Which is essentially a TS clone, with two choices of clipping, and the best part, leaves all the low end intact. You guys should check it out if you are a tubescreamer/overdrive fan.

Made in the USA. Built as well or better than any other similar "production" amps. A vast product range, from simple through the very complex, from $899 on up and you don't have to waste time price-shopping between dealers. Pretty easy to find in stock anywhere at anytime, yet also custom finishes available. Buying one is always a great experience - packed with nice user manuals, casters, covers, etc. I don't always jive with them tonally but I've always been a fan.

Attachments

• reccab.jpg
    reccab.jpg
    627.4 KB · Views: 2,194
You can add me as a Mesa fan even though I just picked up a Diezel.

The Royal Atlantic was such a fantastic amp, kinda regret selling it.

DoomBuggi":17ve5ruh said:
paintballnsk":17ve5ruh said:

I like the TS808, Maxon OD808, ect. Great for leads, and I do like the way it accelerates the bass response. But the loss of low-end always bothered me.

If I was to use some sort of Overdrive, I would go for this now; http://protonepedals.com/?dt_portfolio=dead-horse-boutique-overdrive-pedal. Which is essentially a TS clone, with two choices of clipping, and the best part, leaves all the low end intact. You guys should check it out if you are a tubescreamer/overdrive fan.

Does it still tighten the low end or does it leave it alone?

H Golf Sport":2bmo8jcd said:
DoomBuggi":2bmo8jcd said:
paintballnsk":2bmo8jcd said:

Does it still tighten the low end or does it leave it alone?

Accelerates the bass response, and leaves the depth. Hope that helps you.

Back