Mesa Boogie Rev E recap question

JC_Denton

Hello,

I just recently bought myself 1992 rev e dual rectifier, and even though it sounds awesome I decided to take it to a local technician (I live in eastern Europe and the closest official mesa boogie service center is like 1000km away) so that I'd get a good idea of the amps condition. He said that the amp has never been serviced and it would be wise to recap it. But unfortunately he did not have access to mesa branded parts, or the exactly those capacitors that mesa used. Since the amp is rare and valuable I did not want him to use non original parts.

So I contacted mesa support center and was told me that they can send me the parts but I should open the amp and tell them the values of capacitors.

After I opened the amp up I got a bit confused therefore I ask you, dear reader, do they usually change all of the capacitors when doing the "standard recap" job or only those that are electrolytic and what about those orange drop ones (are these electrolytic or ceramic)? All I know for sure is that those blue and black metal, barrel looking capacitors should definitely be changed. As you can probably tell by now I do now know anything of electronics hence your input might really help me out in my attempt to order all the correct parts for my local tech.

I have added a 2 pictures and put a circle around those parts that in my understanding need to be changed, if someone would confirm that i am on the right track, ill check the values on them and send them over to mesa:=)

Thank you!

:=)

Attachments

• Recap22.jpg
    Recap22.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 46
  • Recap11.jpg
    Recap11.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
You don’t need mesa branded parts, just replacement caps that are the same values and shape for the blue ones pictured and circled. The orange and ceramic caps should be fine. Just don’t touch them with your fingers!

You don’t need mesa branded parts, just replacement caps that are the same values and shape for the blue ones pictured and circled. The orange and ceramic caps should be fine. Just don’t touch them with your fingers!
Thank you for your input:)

Back