Mesa High Gain clip - Kemper

jaybird

Thought I'd post this over here since many of my fellow Rig-Talkers love High Gain sh!t as much as I do

Well I've been learning the Kemper for about 1 1/2 months now (still learning! ) focusing more on getting raw amp tones than playing with all the cool effects. To me the effects are more of the icing on the cake than the main meal - if a modeler can't get the amp sounds I want then it has to go - far , far away! :)

This past week I've been focusing on getting a High Gain Mesa type of tone. Everyday the tone changes after I tweak - in a good way. I try not to be a tweaker, but I end up doing it if I'm not getting what I want. The difference I'm starting to find is that I'm learning what the available tweaks do to the sound- quite a bit is available - and they can really produce some satisfying results.

Anyways , here's a clip of where I'm at today - it's based of a Triple Recto Mesa profile from the Amp Factory that I swapped in a Bogner 4x12 cab from Guidorist . Then tweaked the living sh!t out of everything, ha! I didn't add any effects on purpose as people have complained in the past (yours truly included) that many clips have the full band, double tracked guitars, etc. , then when they get a profile at home it sounds nothing like what they heard. This is the Kemper direct into my audio interface, no Kemper effects, no DAW edits, etc...

Let me know what you think.
Jason

EDIT - added a 2nd track with more "Mesa-type" riffing, and VERY MINOR tweaks to the sound, as many were saying its sounds like a Marshall. Check it out!

https://soundcloud.com/jason-cronin-313 ... est-kemper

https://soundcloud.com/jason-cronin-313 ... gain-test2

JackBootedThug":3gkoatxb said:
killer....sounds like a modded marshall....that's right-it's a mesa profile.....jk....great playing...

Hey thanks Jack! Esp. on the playing comment -I was just weedling away a bit just playing off the cuff to demo the sound :)

lol yeah, that actually sounds more like a hot-rodded Marshall than a Rectifier. Sounds good either way!

FourT6and2":gvlk9ll4 said:
lol yeah, that actually sounds more like a hot-rodded Marshall than a Rectifier. Sounds good either way!

Actually that the way I've been dialing up Recto's since around '92 when they 1st came out - they can do a great modded Marshall type of sound. I like Mesa grind and Marshall bark, combined it's heaven to me :) Although just a minor tweak on this sound before this clip I was playing along with Metallica's "Hardwired " and the tone is very much in that ballbark, which is where I was initially going when dialing in.

Thanks for the feedback!

Nice clips! BTW, by Mesa's admission Rectifiers were sort of Marshall inspired to begin with and likewise, a lot of modded Marshalls chase the Boogie thing whether intentional or not.

FourT6and2":c13c5jta said:

I was thinking the same thing.

jaybird":dtms2nrp said:
jsp":dtms2nrp said:
FourT6and2":dtms2nrp said:

I was thinking the same thing.

Yeah, even the 2nd clip?

The 2nd clip doesn't sound too Marshally, but I'm not sure if I would've guessed that was a Rectifier either.

Back