Mesa tremoverb?

wtfMagH8U

what are they going for these days?
I have an earlier model and was possibly thinkong about moving it to get a JP2C but I have a studio preamp/peaveyclassic120 so the JP may ne a but redundant..IDK i think I need help 😂

@rottingcorpse that's a smokin' deal.

I'd peg market price lately for clean Tremoverb heads in the $1800-$2000 range. The market has pulled back a tad. Keep in mind with T-verbs that there is the possibility of a LDR issue so I generally take "you may want to get it serviced & checked out" into account for the price. Worth it though, killer amps.

I'd peg market price lately for clean Tremoverb heads in the $1800-$2000 range. The market has pulled back a tad. Keep in mind with T-verbs that there is the possibility of a LDR issue so I generally take "you may want to get it serviced & checked out" into account for the price. Worth it though, killer amps.
I had one with the ldr issue and swore of tremoverbs, no matter how potentially good they can sound. What a nightmare that was.

Pics or your full of doo doo.
First off, let's get one thing straight. I've already proven time and again on this forum that I'm absolutely full of shit.
20230710_203042.jpg

One of the best mesas I’ve ever heard or played was a tremoverb from around 94. It simply killed.

Mine is a Rev F. You’ve really got to crank it to get past the buzzy distortion but yeah it rocks when played loud. The tremolo circuit is awesome as well, and I haven’t been able to replicate that with a pedal.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's an ldr issue and how do I deal with it?

Forgive my ignorance, but what's an ldr issue and how do I deal with it?
LDRs are used for switching channels and modes in Rectifiers. They used a batch that was prone to issues at one point, so they will likely need servicing.

TREMOVERB LDR MEMO

*NOTE: LDR's manufactured by "VACTEC" (has 3 lines of print on top) are more reliable than LDR's made by "SILONIX" (has single 4-digit number). If you encounter an amp having several "SILONIX" LDR's, please call Mesa/Boogie to arrange a factory repair

Affected serial range: R-04500 - R-06500, ~R-12000

Mine is a Rev F. You’ve really got to crank it to get past the buzzy distortion but yeah it rocks when played loud. The tremolo circuit is awesome as well, and I haven’t been able to replicate that with a pedal.

I'll take this opportunity to be a Recto stickler and point out that there's no such thing as a Rev F or Rev G (RF-1F and RF-1G) Tremoverb. Even if they have a serial loop, all Tremoverbs have a different PCB layout and never used the "Mark III" output transformer. The early serial loop versions have board revision RR-1C or RR-1D, and the later parallel loop version is RR-1E. Mike B. says they're all tonally the same.

Last edited:
I really like my T-verb, but I hate the tremolo on it. Always have, since I first heard them in the 90’s.

Sup with the ML, Guittierez?
Yep. I could wax poetic about all the little tricks he did on that guitar to improve on my favorite custom shop Dean, but my favorite is him using some sort of mouth guard plastic to make a mold of my favorite Deans neck shape (V at the nut to D at the 12th). That neck-thru chunk of wood is fucking amazing. I seriously want to tell everything that went into that specific situation, but I'm not sure Brent would want me to share all his secrets. Will text him today and ask if I can spill the tea.

Back