Jack71

Wizard.

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

Just thought I'd share. :D

parntz145":q72ubgc5 said:
Did you buy that from Rob?

Yeah. I got it to replace my old one that I sold to Todd (Ampaddict). I always missed that amp. Even more so than the Modern Classic. Feels easier to play for some reason but still articulate and tight as hell. :confused:

This one has the pull-deep option though, unlike the one I sold. So there, Todd! :LOL: :LOL:

Yea, Rob offered me that head before he listed it on RT. Really clean looking head. If you ever decide to get rid of it shoot me a pm. I am waiting for the new metals to come out. I cant wait to see what they do to them.

parntz145":1amz8jdo said:
Yea, Rob offered me that head before he listed it on RT. Really clean looking head. If you ever decide to get rid of it shoot me a pm. I am waiting for the new metals to come out. I cant wait to see what they do to them.
I'm waiting for the new Metal too. My 93' Metal kills and it would be great to have one with new trannys etc....

rocker":3fu6sa2d said:
parntz145":3fu6sa2d said:
I'm waiting for the new Metal too. My 93' Metal kills and it would be great to have one with new trannys etc....

I'm not sure what year mine is. I'll have to pull the chassis and have a look inside.

Hey Rocker, I absolutely love your Trangbolt stuff! The Modern Classic sounded perfect for it. I'm just curious what it is about the Metal that made you decide it was more to your liking? Have you recorded any new songs with the Metal yet?

parntz145":2y8l0psp said:

Paul, I was actually in discussions with Rob about the amp before he posted it as well. :LOL: :LOL: I just couldn't swing it at that time because I had some unexpected expenses come up (non gear related) that took precedence.

I'm not sure what the new twist is with the re-issue Metals but I'm guessing it has to do with the new pull-gain/saturation knob on the treble pot that everyone is raving about with their Modern Classics.

Jack71":2hawy786 said:
rocker":2hawy786 said:
parntz145":2hawy786 said:

I'm not sure what year mine is. I'll have to pull the chassis and have a look inside.

Hey Rocker, I absolutely love your Trangbolt stuff! The Modern Classic sounded perfect for it. I'm just curious what it is about the Metal that made you decide it was more to your liking? Have you recorded any new songs with the Metal yet?
Thank you so much and I'm glad you liked it. Have not recorded with the Metal yet. The Metal has more saturation and sounds great at low vol, thats the main thing I like better. The MC are great and your right it sounds great for that stuff.

From what I hear the new metal will have more gain and a possible depth knob. In Ricks e mail he told me that it is going to live up to its name. Guess I better start saving for this beast.

parntz145":3iwqunmm said:
From what I hear the new metal will have more gain and a possible depth knob. In Ricks e mail he told me that it is going to live up to its name. Guess I better start saving for this beast.
wow, good news,thanks. :rock:

parntz145":143lr94m said:

Me too! I know what to ask for now.....

Steve

Superunknown":2fy4neqk said:
I don't see how it would be possible for the metal to have more gain than my modern classic with the saturation pull on the treble. That would be insane....

I wouldn't know.... :cry:

steve_k":3gcfqkvp said:
Superunknown":3gcfqkvp said:
I don't see how it would be possible for the metal to have more gain than my modern classic with the saturation pull on the treble. That would be insane....

Me either. :gethim: Although, if I want to know, I know the guy to send mine out to, to get it done. And he's quick to. :yes:

Hollywood":2m7k0szd said:
steve_k":2m7k0szd said:
Superunknown":2m7k0szd said:

Me either. :gethim: Although, if I want to know, I know the guy to send mine out to, to get it done. And he's quick to. :yes:

Me too....

I swear that could be my old amp as well. I had a 100 Metal w/ a Pull Deep for a while. Still have your old one Jack! :rock:

:confused: Ya know here's the thing I ponder over. The Modern classic is the next amp in the evolutionary chain from Wizard. The new est most Modern amp dirived from the metal amp. This is what I was told. :yes: So I agree with Superunknown. How can the metal be re-issued and have more gain than the modern classic ? :scared:

Hollywood":3q8kghea said:
:confused: Ya know here's the thing I ponder over. The Modern classic is the next amp in the evolutionary chain from Wizard. The new est most Modern amp dirived from the metal amp. This is what I was told. :yes: So I agree with Superunknown. How can the metal be re-issued and have more gain than the modern classic ? :scared:

I have a '93 Metal and an '09 Modern Classic, the MC is extremely similar to the metal, the only thing that really sets them apart tone-wise is that the Metal has a "bright" knob which effects the tone a great deal. But If the bright knob is turned way up they sound nearly identical. They are pretty much equal gain-wise too, my metal actually has a bit more.

sswanson":1d82yhay said:
Hollywood":1d82yhay said:

I have a '93 Metal and an '09 Modern Classic, the MC is extremely similar to the metal, the only thing that really sets them apart tone-wise is that the Metal has a "bright" knob which effects the tone a great deal. But If the bright knob is turned way up they sound nearly identical. They are pretty much equal gain-wise too, my metal actually has a bit more.
+1
I think they might modernize the Metal rather than just reissue. I'm guessing though.

Back