MGL50 One-Off Build to Stock 2204 Specs

MGL AmpWorks

Just finished and available for purchase, a one-off MGL50 built to stock 1980 JMP 2204 spec, tone & voltages. Over the last 5 years I've tried a number of times to really duplicate my 1980 JMP master volume 2204 head that I've owned for over 25 years. I'm finally happy with the results as of today! With this MGL50 head and my original 2204 running thru a Metropoulos Head Master so I can play and footswitch between the 2 amps thru the same Marshall 4x12" cab, they sound so close that with your back turned, your hard pressed to know the difference. All parts values are accurate to the original Marshall circuit. All voltages are as close as possible to my original amp. the plate voltage on my Marshall is 393v and the MGL50 amp is 394.3, you're not going to get much closer than that! Amp still has the extra MGL stock mini switches for "Voicing" on the back and first preamp stage bias on the front along with a Metropoulos "Zero Loss" effects loop w/ a true bypass switch, as with all MGL50 amps, it comes with NOS Siemens EL34 power tubes and square foil getter Chinese 12AX7 preamp tubes. Chassis is mounted in a black 26" traditional Marshall style Baltic Birch head cab made by Swanson Cabinets.
$2,500.00 Call or email for more info.

1.jpg

Back