MN RT members.....friend on tour needs amp assistance

nevusofota

Just hoping to find someone in Minnesota that can help a friend who has a fly gig scheduled for July 7th and is in need of borrowing an amp for the show. Rob Tahan is a killer guitarist for Ashes Remain and is a member here on RT (though it’s been years since he’s logged in). His usual rig contains a Deizel Herbert but any high gain tube amp would be more acceptable than the current backline offering. Management was asked to help but he says he’s not putting too much faith in them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :rock:

Mr. Huge":13ve8ek1 said:
You might want to try these guys. They have all the "stuff" you need and within 45 days you can just kick it back for a full refund. They're very "friendly" and with no questions asked.

The Possibilities Are Endless
The issue is the travel. He can’t take his amps on the plane. Would be difficult to have them shipped to the gig.

Guitar center amp!

He should get an Atomic Firebox and one of those pedal size power amps. Perfect set up for that type gig and it sounds pretty good

Minneapolis/Saint Paul area?

http://www.geminibackline.com/index.html

Unless that's the "current backline offering" you're referring to. :LOL: :LOL: I know the owner, Rob. Great guy, great service, and a killer player in his own right. His site's a little outdated and I don't think he has a Diezel Herbert, but he's just about everyone's go-to around here for guitar backline needs.

Otherwise, I have a Bogner XTC 101B and two 4x12 angled Bogner cabs. Might be a little too loose/chewy for his needs. Also have a VHT 50CL w/ graphic EQ that might be able to get a little closer to what he's used to, maybe?

Kevin11":3520xcr8 said:

Unless that's the "current backline offering" you're referring to. :LOL: :LOL: I know the owner, Rob. Great guy, great service, and a killer player in his own right. His site's a little outdated and I don't think he has a Diezel Herbert, but he's just about everyone's go-to around here for guitar backline needs.

Otherwise, I have a Bogner XTC 101B and two 4x12 angled Bogner cabs. Might be a little too loose/chewy for his needs. Also have a VHT 50CL w/ graphic EQ that might be able to get a little closer to what he's used to, maybe?

Thanks!!!! I’ll pass it along to him.

Man I just checked out the clip and a few of their other tunes. Your friend Rob is a tasty player man! :rock:

I've heard of them, but hadn't heard anything by them 'till today. Good stuff! I see they're from Baltimore too. I grew up just outside of Harrisburg, PA and spent a lot of time in MD in my youth.

Kevin11":2kt2hbjj said:

Hey Kevin
That would be amazing! I can def give you some money if so. Are you even remotely close to Hibbing Mn? Seems like its off the beaten path.
And thank you Stephen for your help! You are the man!

Rob Tahan":2zuhewpb said:
Hey Kevin
That would be amazing! I can def give you some money if so. Are you even remotely close to Hibbing Mn? Seems like its off the beaten path.
And thank you Stephen for your help! You are the man!

Hey Rob,

Unfortunately, I'm over 200mi and 3hrs away from Hibbing. I won't be able to make that trek, apologies.

It's not too far off the beaten path from Duluth, MN, which is a lot closer. Any Rig-Talkers there that can help out?

crwnedblasphemy":5iepwfwy said:
Yeah. Rob Krueger is cool. Known of him since I was a teen
He's the former lead player for Gemini..if I'm not mistaken, and Lance King used to be the vocalist. From my hometown of Winona Mn. Rob is from Rochester?
Cool band, remember seeing them a bunch in the late 80s in Mpls. They did a block of tunes from Mindcrime, from what I remember. They also covered Heart lol....

Yeah. Used to see them too...they had this Tracy guy on bass and Dave Hoyne on other guitar for awhile, hen Picked up Roger Moore. I remember he pink Jackson’s and flowered Jems. It was bitchin! Saw them many a time at the Golden Bubble in Wells, and at Dooley’s in Rochester.

crwnedblasphemy":23r0eele said:
Yeah. Used to see them too...they had this Tracy guy on bass and Dave Hoyne on other guitar for awhile, hen Picked up Roger Moore. I remember he pink Jackson’s and flowered Jems. It was bitchin! Saw them many a time at the Golden Bubble in Wells, and at Dooley’s in Rochester.
Dooleys! Haha I used to sneak in there back in HS..ahh good times. I just about spit out my drink at the Mirage in Mpls when I heard Lance King sing Barracuda by Heart....I thought I heard some pretty high range singers but...he hit every damn note too.

The Mirage was a great venue to see music. One time I showed up early with a friend for Armored Saint there. We walked in cuz there was nobody around yet and the band literally came up and invited us to break bread with them, which we did from their catering. Was hella nice of them...saw dream theater there a couple times for under $5(radio promo) as well as Fight with Halford.

Wow, I saw Gemini at the Fox Lake Ballroom in Sherburn, MN when I was in HS - same with Litterer and Slave Raider :D

crwnedblasphemy":3ugtzdw8 said:
The Mirage was a great venue to see music. One time I showed up early with a friend for Armored Saint there. We walked in cuz there was nobody around yet and the band literally came up and invited us to break bread with them, which we did from their catering. Was hella nice of them...saw dream theater there a couple times for under $5(radio promo) as well as Fight with Halford.
Nice, I remember seeing EJ, KingsX, Lynch Mob 2X, and was probably at the same show as you with Dream Theater. It was a very cool large club...ahh the good ole days.
:rock:

Drkorey":3i7yk1kr said:
Wow, I saw Gemini at the Fox Lake Ballroom in Sherburn, MN when I was in HS - same with Litterer and Slave Raider :D
:LOL: :LOL: Slave Raider, they had quite the act. Probably the most popular hard rock act in the Mpls area for a time. Lance Sabin, I think if I have the name right is also from Winona and was the lead player. A friend of mine took lessons from him when he was in middle school.

Racerxrated":1bi7ue7d said:
Drkorey":1bi7ue7d said:
:LOL: :LOL: Slave Raider, they had quite the act. Probably the most popular hard rock act in the Mpls area for a time. Lance Sabin, I think if I have the name right is also from Winona and was the lead player. A friend of mine took lessons from him when he was in middle school.

When Slave Raider used to come up to Fargo it was a HUGE deal. I saw them once or twice right after I turned 21.

Back