Mods for JJ-100

m37a

Hi all, I have a (new to me) JJ-100 that is currently at friedman for repair. I am considering if there are any mods that I should add while it's there. It went straight to friedman for repair so I haven't even played it yet.

I know a lot of people do the JBE master volume/gain mod but I can't stand the look of extra dials in the front panel.

Mods I am considering:
- Move the JBE switch to a 3-way switch on the front (JBE, Dirt, Clean), and making it footswitchable.
- adding a thump control on the back, and possibly thump frequency, and response switches from the BE-100 Deluxe as well.

I'd like to keep the amp as stock as possible and not end up with a million knobs and switches. Let me know what mods you all have had done and which ones really made the biggest improvement.

Thanks!

I’d definitely do the JBE master mod, I have it on my JJ jr and it makes the amp much more versatile.
I won't be playing live with the amp so I don't know that it's that important to me to have individual channels with separate volume/gain. I guess I am interested in potential mods that expand the tones available in the amp.

I don't play live. I found it pretty annoying having to adjust the volume every time I wanted to switch between BE and JBE. Plus now I can do the switching via foot switch.

I find the separate volume and footswitchable jbe to be pretty invaluable on my jj100, you can also get a separate gain control for it as well which I wish I had on mine.

Back