Mojotone British Vintage vs Greenback

OldGtrGuy

Currently in the GB rabbit hole, was looking for a WGS Green Beret vs Greenback comparison and couldn't find one but stumbled across this.

What do you guys think?

For me it's early morning and my ears are old but they sound similar. Difference yes but negligible. $30 price difference buying new.

Last edited:
For this exercise to me the Celestion. Just a smoother, wider spread whereas the Mojo seems to be smaller sounding in depth, more narrow, more boxy.

The Celestion is just real pleasing. Then again that thing is old and road hard. Overall though have heard good things about the Mojo's though.

Here's more from Johan and the GB comparison. This whole thing is almost overkill lol.

I'd say the 68 control speaker is my favorite. Then it would go roughly like this...

New G12M25
2015 G12M25
New EVH

Then a toss up between the...

Ted Weber
Mojo
WGS - really surprised here.

I think I could be pretty happy with any of these on my list.

Last edited:
I tried the aged Mojotone BV and didn't like them at all, they sounded really raspy to me...but I bought them used, so who knows maybe there was an issue.

Out of all the gb speakers I've tried, I prefer the Scumback M75s by far but I generally play bright plexi-style amps. Buy once, cry once.

I'd take a Mojotone over WGS. While it does stay together well enough at high volumes it's not as good at doing that as a real Celestion. But it holds up much better than WGS. WGS sounds like it gives up when you start pushing it harder.

Back