Mojotone effects loop?

JTyson

I see they have a self contained high voltage loop that can be configured different ways, with or without send/return levels at a great price (70.00)
Does not look bad at all to install, just wondering about the tone, anybody tried one??
Is the Metro loop still available? I know those are great loops that sound great
What say you?

I found it, thanks :thumbsup:
The Metro still looks like the way to go, I was just curious if anyone had tried the mojotone
I appreciate it!

JTyson":1tcots9p said:
I found it, thanks :thumbsup:
The Metro still looks like the way to go, I was just curious if anyone had tried the mojotone
I appreciate it!

The MOJO is mostly a clone of the metro and works fine, its been revised a few times and they have pretty much got it tweaked.

Yeah, the mojotone has been through some revisions, looks like the Metro loop is what they were going for, it seems to be the gold standard. Decided to go with the Metro, pretty much based on that. They are about the same price

JTyson":3f63es9s said:
I see they have a self contained high voltage loop that can be configured different ways, with or without send/return levels at a great price (70.00)
Does not look bad at all to install, just wondering about the tone, anybody tried one??
Is the Metro loop still available? I know those are great loops that sound great
What say you?
What's it going into?

scottosan":3sxvkpo7 said:
JTyson":3sxvkpo7 said:
What say you?
What's it going into?
A Friedman modded plexi, and I think I'm gonna put another one in a ceriatone JTM45 clone I have. If those go well, I may put yet another one in my Fortin JMP Kali++. I'll have to get with Mike on the insert points on that one, just to be sure. I did not use much if any sauce in the past, but the stuff we are doing is changing, it has some ambient sections in it, and the Big Sky and a few others sound so much better in a loop as opposed to being in front of the amp. Well, the high gainers anyway. The Vox with the modulation effects in front sounds fine

I plan on putting a Metro Loop in my stock 1980 JMP. I ran into a problem though... it’s a USA version and has 4 outputs, however all 4 outputs are slightly closer to each other than on the earlier 70’s amps. Seems all of the JMP’s around 1980 are like this. I have to get some new board mounted jacks and bend each sides legs in about a 1/16th for them to fit. Such a pain in the ass.

psychodave":dcyf53wo said:
I plan on putting a Metro Loop in my stock 1980 JMP. I ran into a problem though... it’s a USA version and has 4 outputs, however all 4 outputs are slightly closer to each other than on the earlier 70’s amps. Seems all of the JMP’s around 1980 are like this. I have to get some new board mounted jacks and bend each sides legs in about a 1/16th for them to fit. Such a pain in the ass.
Yeah, I would hate having to do that. I thought the spacing on those was all the same. I guess you want to keep it reversible?
I'm just gonna use the template over by itself and away from everything, I tend to keep stuff forever, so it won't matter from that standpoint, but I understand not wanting to hack up a 4 hole JMP, you actually dont see those floating around as much as some others. Cool you found one of those.. I could envision getting one of those and doing a lower gain mod instead of the nuclear flamethrower mods we both already have multiple versions of ;)

I’ve been contemplating adding a Metro Loop to my ‘74 JMP for a year now. I just can’t bring myself to drill holes in the chassis though. :aww:

LP Freak":twpk1j8k said:
I’ve been contemplating adding a Metro Loop to my ‘74 JMP for a year now. I just can’t bring myself to drill holes in the chassis though. :aww:

Agreed. However some amps have 4 outputs already cut into the chassis, just the faceplate isn’t cut. That, I wouldn’t mind drilling for since it can be completely reversed and 4 outputs could be put back and it would look correct. I still agree that drilling isn’t good on a stock amp.

JTyson":2c74brn0 said:
psychodave":2c74brn0 said:
Yeah, I would hate having to do that. I thought the spacing on those was all the same. I guess you want to keep it reversible?
I'm just gonna use the template over by itself and away from everything, I tend to keep stuff forever, so it won't matter from that standpoint, but I understand not wanting to hack up a 4 hole JMP, you actually dont see those floating around as much as some others. Cool you found one of those.. I could envision getting one of those and doing a lower gain mod instead of the nuclear flamethrower mods we both already have multiple versions of ;)

I’m keeping the amp stock. I actually like it a lot with the 6550’s and a Klon clone out front. I figured adding a loop would make it “better” since I always use delay.

psychodave":26pao5ke said:
LP Freak":26pao5ke said:

Agreed. However some amps have 4 outputs already cut into the chassis, just the faceplate isn’t cut. That, I wouldn’t mind drilling for since it can be completely reversed and 4 outputs could be put back and it would look correct. I still agree that drilling isn’t good on a stock amp.
Unfortunately that’s not like that on my amp. Mine’s a 50W.

Back