Mojotone FX Loop?

dcburn

I have a Metro JTM45 and was thinking I may install the Metro loop. Have read good things to great about the plug and play unit, but unfortunately it doesn't seem they are available at the moment and who knows about the future seeing as there are some components Metro can't seem to get. So, if any, they are sporadic at best...

Mojotone makes one that seems pretty similar.
Has anyone installed one of the Mojotone fx loops in their JTM45?

If so, what's your opinion?

Realistically, I don't need the loop right now. I have a PS2.
But I think down the road, if I wanted, I could use a volume box and run pedals thru the amp loop rather than the extra expense of a Fryette PS...

I have a Metro JTM45 and was thinking I may install the Metro loop. Have read good things to great about the plug and play unit, but unfortunately it doesn't seem they are available at the moment and who knows about the future seeing as there are some components Metro can't seem to get. So, if any, they are sporadic at best...

But I think down the road, if I wanted, I could use a volume box and run pedals thru the amp loop rather than the extra expense of a Fryette PS...
The LND150 used in SS FX loops all the sudden became unavailable. Mouser shows next expected restock in July

Is that the one designed by Steve Miller (Miller Amplification) ?
Not sure I thought it was George with metro amps. Also thought mojotone one was just a clone of the metro but I cant keep up with all this crap
I put my fx after my Loadbox anyways

Thats totally possible, I didn't spend much time on metro forum when it was active
I built a ceriatone molecular a few years ago and used the ceriatone fx loop which I think was just a clone of the metro.
Was looking into an option to install these in my preamps since a couple customers wanted to put pedal FX between their pre and power amp but haven't gotten to it yet

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2024083691096449/ This guy makes very good FX loops.

Great loops, personally I prefer them to the ones in the power station. Only thing I would suggest to you is swapping out the stock switch for something more low profile like a button. For some reason they stick out just enough to get hung up on stuff like speaker cables.

Great loops, personally I prefer them to the ones in the power station. Only thing I would suggest to you is swapping out the stock switch for something more low profile like a button. For some reason they stick out just enough to get hung up on stuff like speaker cables.
Appreciate the advice, I'll definitely check into that.

I put a Mojo loop in my 2204 clone, and to my ears it's just as transparent as the Metro loop in one of my Friedman modded amps. No complaints here.

AFAIK the Metro loop was designed my Steve Miller, but later revisions I think were tweaked by either George and/or Dave Friedman

Headfirst apparently makes great zero-loss loops as well. I believe they are all along the same basic design and can accomplish the same thing; I'm not that knowledgable about those circuits so don't take my word for it.

I put a Mojo loop in my 2204 clone, and to my ears it's just as transparent as the Metro loop in one of my Friedman modded amps. No complaints here.

AFAIK the Metro loop was designed my Steve Miller, but later revisions I think were tweaked by either George and/or Dave Friedman

Headfirst apparently makes great zero-loss loops as well. I believe they are all along the same basic design and can accomplish the same thing; I'm not that knowledgable about those circuits so don't take my word for it.
Maybe this makes me come across as odd, but my OCD can be weird and maybe a little crazy.

As in, there's a chance a Mojo loop in my Metro amp could drive me absolutely bat shit crazy!
Luckily for me, George came thru!

Bed enough that I would have paid more just for the peace of mind...

Back