Most Expensive Pedal Power Supply?

Strange question to ask... IMHO.

I couldn't give a shit which is the most expensive, I'd like to know which is the best/most functional - and oft at times, price doesn't always reflect functionality. It reflects corksniffery.

YMMV :dunno:

Ventura":1donz6ka said:

I couldn't give a shit which is the most expensive, I'd like to know which is the best/most functional - and oft at times, price doesn't always reflect functionality. It reflects corksniffery.

I personally don't mind any questions that shows gear I haven't seen before..Corksniffery to me is blindly just buying the best then bragging about it or putting down cheaper gear.

I had two Voodoo Labs PS-2's fail. They fixed them for free and the turn around was less than a week!! Buy Voodoo Labs with confidence.

Markedman":ket2ts14 said:
I had two Voodoo Labs PS-2's fail. They fixed them for free and the turn around was less than a week!! Buy Voodoo Labs with confidence.

This. When mine failed (out of warranty mind you), they fixed it and had it back pretty quickly. No questions asked.

I use a Yankee PS-M2. Not as big as the one posted above but compact and very versatile. Expensive but worth it IMHO.

PS-M2-1.jpg

The most excellent feature with the Yankee HS-M24 that almost all others don't offer is, it lets YOU regulate each outlets voltage, adjustable by a multi-turn screw.

The screen on the tops shows the voltage value set on each output.

It has USB ports too.

Who's else does that? :dunno:

Dispatch":1fld37tm said:
The most excellent feature with the Yankee HS-M24 that almost all others don't offer is, it lets YOU regulate each outlets voltage, adjustable by a multi-turn screw.

It has USB ports too.

Nobody does it. It's cool as fuck, just more than what I need or can justify spending.

Ventura":246t4btm said:

I agree with his perspective about pedal board power supplies. The real question is: Does it meet the needs of the working musicians who needs to power a large pedal board onstage? If it's high quality, well built, and reliable, I can see the reason in justifying its price.

The Yankee HS-M24 power supply and Mark L MLC Power Station, both made in Europe, would be problematic in having it serviced here in the U.S., if the power supply is defective or needs repair, unless they have an authorized repair center based in the U.S. Being in the U.S., I would rather just purchase a pedal board power supply that's made by a U.S. company that can provide technical support should their product become defective or in need of repair and not have to pay much for shipping.

I would rather buy one of the U.S. made power supplies like these:

MXR CAE power system: https://www.jimdunlop.com/product/m...sortby=ourPicksAscend&page=5&refType=&from=fn

Voodoo Lab Pedal Power Mondo: http://www.voodoolab.com/pedalpower_mondo.htm

Strymon Zuma: https://www.strymon.net/products/zuma/

Guitar George

Dispatch":wbcuyajn said:

It has USB ports too.

swamptrashstompboxes":wbcuyajn said:
Nobody does it. It's cool as fuck

There are a few out there that do that (not with a screw, though). The Cioks (and Eventide version) does, for example. Each outlet is selectable voltage. The best part is each and every outlet supplies tons of current. Enough to run pretty much any pedal or FX device out there. Plus... they do not cause cross-talk or noise when in close proximity to other devices/pedals/wahs.

powermax.gif

447364.jpg

Back