Most recognizable guitar tones?

Overall, that list isn't horrible. There's a few choices I can't say I agree with.

Also I think you have to consider Eric Johnson, Hetfield, Tosin, & Meshuggah. You pretty much know when you hear them, or someone trying hard to mimic their sound.

Many are missing from the list... EJ, Lukather, Landau, Petrucci, Summers, Malmsteen, Vai, Satriani, Gilbert....

What about this guy? 335 into a cranked Marshall. Awesome.

I was shocked when I saw this as a kid.....badass....I always wanted to be able to do this...just fuckin rip man....this one, wang dang sweet poon tang live, The Allmans's you don't love me live, Jimi's drivin south from radio one.....but alas..I'm just a humble moderator on a gear site....

one take live with basic shit for gear....unbelievable.....and you know who it is immediately. So much going on in this recording...plus the band is so tight. Still gives me tingles....

and here's a couple killers that never get any love on these forums...lol....also instantly recognizable tone and playing. Listen to Duane and Dicky going to church in this one....it's long but gat dam it's killer.....

and here's a couple killers that never get any love on these forums...lol....also instantly recognizable tone and playing. Listen to Duane and Dicky going to church in this one....it's long but gat dam it's killer.....

YOU DIDN"T NEED TO POST IT I WAS ALREADY LISTENING TO IT BASED ON YOUR LAST POST!

Just kidding. Heck yeah, great jam. I passed high school psych class and the teacher loved me best because I loved Allman Bros and Band of Gypsys at the Fillmore. He hated everyone else, lol.

^^^ LOL Gonzo! No way he didn't do coke back then. :ROFLMAO:

This caught me. Jammin'!

I'm not sure but on wang dang live was that Derrick playing the first half of the solo? After it builds to a crescendo and they play those power chords and the guitar comes in with the hammer ons....notice how bassy it is? I think that's actually when Ted comes in on his birdland. Hell my favorite pert is Derrick....if that's the case....I just always suspected that....Where's Carl? He would know.....

one take live with basic shit for gear....unbelievable.....and you know who it is immediately. So much going on in this recording...plus the band is so tight. Still gives me tingles....

100% agreed. Makes you want to give up playing guitar when you first hear it. It was just one of those special cuts caught on tape because if you listen to some of the other takes they released later, while they are good, this one is exceptional and in a class of it's own. A single take. Outstanding. The whole Radio One album is really very good.

Back